Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryGarage

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 10-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Garage is empty, add now

2003 F150 Blinker Doesn't Work

Blinker doesn't work when the steering wheel is tilted down.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
Technical Article Contributor
2006 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
Take apart the knee panel, and look up to where the steering wheel column meets the dash ( or slightly in the steering wheel column cover ).

There is a 14 ( 16 ? ) pin connector ( think 2 rows by 7 or 8 pins ) that is pulled tight, and might have a broken connector locking tab on it.

You would want to take it apart to check the pins for discoloration ( and clean with an eraser if so ) wire tie the connector back together, and pull slack from the truck side of the harness and zip tie to the metal support for the knee panel / anti submarine panel, so it cannot pull apart again.

This is somewhat common, but I cannot find the root cause for it ( common, not chronic ).

Take a look at this connector, sure it is pulled apart a bit, and needs to be cleaned.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:59 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Thanks so much. I'll check it out. What's funny is when my wife drove it, the blinkers worked. When I drove, they didn't. It wasn't until I took it apart and was fooling with the blinkers that we noticed when the steering wheel was tilted up (the way my wife drives) the blinkers worked. When it was tilted down (the way I drive), the blinkers didn't work.

I was getting a complex. LOL

Old 10-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Technical Article Contributor
2006 Ford F-150

Vehicle: 2006 FORD F150
Oh that is how you found out, that would have drove me insane right out of the gate.

Oddly enough that is one of the tests for if the directionals stop working, move the tilt.
Old 10-03-2009, 10:39 AM