Mirrors, drivers seat and pedal not working

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 06:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keepmcool1, found this a few posts back in the thread:

Originally Posted by SPARKY357
I later did the water test on my windshield with my hose and sure enough the leak showed up coming down on the ride side firewall. Once I get this fixed my water solution should be taken care of.
I have the same issue :-)

Old 08-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Power mirrors, driver seat not working

Have same issue and found wires corroded - I'm not familiar with electrical wire repair - do I buy just one connector to connect the 3 wires?

Does anyone know if there is a thread for warning not sounding when lights are on, as well as radio does not turn off when door is opened, as well as door locks don't automatically lock when in drive?

Thanks great info!

Old 08-25-2015, 08:34 PM
I registered to just to say this fixed my problem. On a 2004 F150, the connection was corroded. It's on the passenger side. Had to take off the door sill and kick plate. Took 30 minutes to fix and put everything back together. Thanks for the info and pictures.

Old 10-24-2015, 11:12 AM
I was ecstatic to read this post and find the answer about the splice so quickly. I spent less than 1 hour to fix. The easiest thing to do is unsnap the sill cover, and pull the wires out of the plastic tray. To do that, you have to remove the black tape. The fuse box can remain intact. Also, I never spilled water in the area, but it has corroded and fell apart over time.

Old 12-03-2015, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone for the tips the orange & light green wire I just got my fix saved tons off money

Old 12-03-2015, 02:31 PM

Problem find bad acid tape ford factory use should been recall just saying

Old 12-03-2015, 06:44 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by AntonioG
[IMG]
Problem find bad acid tape ford factory use should been recall just saying
Thank you for posting your fix and for the pictures.

The next member with these symptoms will be thankful to have them !

Old 03-05-2016, 02:45 PM
Thanks JTB_06KingRanch, Dan_J, and others for the information and photo (6 years later, it's still helping...). This is EXACTY the problem I found in my 2005 F-150 Lariat, which had the driver's seat, power mirrors, and adjustable pedals stop working. This saved me A TON of time tracking down the problem. It's a relatively easy fix once you know where to look.

In my case, the original connector had totally disintegrated into green powder. I was amazed that it had even been working anytime recently. There was standing water in the wire channel - a cup or so. It looks like it may be coming in through some corrosion at the front of the channel near the corrector, below the fuse box - not sure - still need to go back and take care of that but all the electrical is working again. Thanks!!! Mike

Old 03-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Thank you!!

Thanks for sharing everyone. I had the same exact issues--- no driver seat, mirror or pedal power. I read the thread and sure enough, I found the issue within a couple of minutes. Just an FYI... Flood Ford in Rhode Island wanted $1500 to replace my drivers seat for this issue. HAAAA!!!!

Old 03-26-2016, 12:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by bobbyc39
Thanks for sharing everyone. I had the same exact issues--- no driver seat, mirror or pedal power. I read the thread and sure enough, I found the issue within a couple of minutes. Just an FYI... Flood Ford in Rhode Island wanted $1500 to replace my drivers seat for this issue. HAAAA!!!!
Thank you for posting you had the same symptoms and fix.

As you have proven, the next member with these symptoms will be thankful to know he is not alone, and this is a good starting place to check.

Old 02-17-2020, 06:03 PM
pikes peak perf Thank you splice broken problem fixed

Old 04-03-2020, 12:00 PM
Originally Posted by bobbyc39
I wonder what they say after the replacement? If the problem is still

Old 10-12-2020, 02:00 PM
Thank you ,Thank you , Thank you!!

Hi , this is my first time on here ,because it’s something I have to say. My 2008 F1-150 king ranch is the best truck I ever had. However, my adjustable brake pedal, adjustable mirrors , and my adjustable drivers seat have not moved since 2012. I took it to my dealer and it was one day after my warranty ran out and they wanted $1000 just to look at it. Needless to say I , my tiny wife ( lots of pillows ) have been driving this beautiful truck for years with it like that.UNTIL TODAY!!!! I feel great ! Thank you so much ! You’re amazing. !!

Old 02-04-2021, 02:03 PM
What if there is no splice on the passenger's side under the scuff plate? I have had mine apart at least 4 times, but have NEVER found a splce.

Quick Reply: Mirrors, drivers seat and pedal not working