Mirrors, drivers seat and pedal not working

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 08:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys ROCK! My power pedals, mirrors, and most importantly drivers seat quit working about a week ago. Pulled both fuses and neither were blown. My husband was at a loss too. Then I went to this website and search and bam, right there was the answer. I just went out and fixed it and everything is working! Again, you guys ROCK! Thank you. Probably saved me $100 if I had taken it to the dealer.

Old 08-13-2010, 08:56 PM
This entire site ROCKS! Just had the same issue come up on Monday morning leaving for work. Took the same steps with the fuses with no change. Finally got a chance to check F150online and BAM! THANK YOU.

Old 12-19-2010, 07:03 PM
Dan - thanks for the Pic of wiring config-U nailed my prob & it is fixed!

Originally Posted by Dan_J
Well, I got my mirrors, pedals, and seat working again thanks to this thread. The offending splice is a 3-way splice with the infamous friction tape covering. I couldn't put it apart with the tape on it but as I unwrapped the tape the green powder started dropping on the floor and then it fell apart. I took the wife to a movie a couple weeks ago and she still had most of her monster size diet Coke with her after the movie so she brought it with her. We weren't even out of the parking lot and it tipped over. It was late when we got home so the next morning I went out to wet vac it all out. To my surprise the carpet felt dry but I vacumed it out anyway. Guess where that Coke has been hiding for the last two and a half weeks. You guessed it. In the wire trough and in the padding under the carpet. With much sponging and a hair dryer going I got it dryed out. I told her tonight, no more drinks in the truck for her. Here is a picture of the completed splice.

I too used a piece of heat shrink tubing to help seal it but since it is a Y-splice the water could still migrate up between the double wire end. I couldn't find tubing with the mastic that melts around the wires as you heat it so this will have to do for now. Thanks again to all for this thread. My friends all think I am some kind of master mechanic but I just tell them I know where to look for the answers.
Thanks again!
I had exact same symptoms as others. This accountant read thease posts and the great pic of the wire/s to deal with and had the entire tear away, resplice, and parts snapped back in in 45 mins.

Also, other posts said the side mirrors had been a problem too at times. Me too. However, couple of months ago (before finding f150online) I paid the local ford dealership over $200 to NOT be able to I'd problem.

Lesson: some of the posters just saved me some serious $$ AND are smarter then the suppussed pros at the dship. Thank you all! This'll be my first stop for any future problems

Old 12-20-2010, 03:53 AM
Glad you got it fixed Ralphie. I try to avoid the dealership whenever I can. This type of thing is an easy fix if you know where to look. Luckily for us there is a network of good people here to help.

Old 06-25-2011, 08:05 AM
Anyone know if this will apply to my 2010? I am having the same problems.

Old 05-28-2013, 03:49 PM
thanks mine quit working last week and with the great info I just fixed my seat, pedals, and mirrors. the ends of the wires were green and corroded. I had to pigtail a wire on there for the wires were too short to reconnect, thanks again

Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JTB 06KingRanch
I found the problem this weekend. I had to remove the passanger side kick panel and door sill. There is a wire that has a factory connector that was corroded for water in the wiring channel. It is an orange wire with a light green strip. It is located under the fuse box just as the wires go into the door sill area, and is at the bottom of the bundle of wires. I was able to pull the wire apart, i trimmed the wires and reconnected them with a connector and also used a heat shrink tube to try and help protect it. Now everything is working as its suppose to.

I just want to thank everyone for there help.
I hope you are all still around to see this cuz ... YEEHAWWWW !!! What a terrific find! I went right to the passenger side, found the rotting culprit, splice real nice and all works well again!
Also found and repaired the water leak at the 3rd brake lite.

Thank you all so much for keeping this forum alive.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:56 PM
Wink thanks 06kingRancher

[QUOTE=JTB 06KingRanch;3921501]I found the problem this weekend. I had to remove the passanger side kick panel and door sill. There is a wire that has a factory connector that was corroded for water in the wiring channel. It is an orange wire with a light green strip. It is located under the fuse box just as the wires go into the door sill area, and is at the bottom of the bundle of wires. I was able to pull the wire apart, i trimmed the wires and reconnected them with a connector and also used a heat shrink tube to try and help protect it. Now everything is working as its suppose to.

I just want to thank everyone for there help.[/

I had the same problem and thanks to you i can now fix my truck great site and some good people on it THANKS A BUNCH

Old 12-06-2013, 07:27 PM
f150 power seat inop

hey new to the site i had a problem with my 09 f150 platinum screw the driver seat quit working all threads said that the power mirrors n pedals wouldn't work as well...mine were.. when i pushed the memory seat buttons the seat would kind of move just a bit up and down i checked the fuses stated checked for the "orange with lt. green tracer" wire couldn't find it was startin to give up n i thought to check fuses again anything that had to deal with the seat first one i checked was fuse #18 driver memory seat switch n it was blown. changed n seat works! some ppl were saying to check fuse #3 or fuses # 108/109 the truck does not have 108/109 and #3 is not used! so hopefully this helps other ppl if they have this problem!!

Old 07-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Add one more success story to this post - I think you guys saved me (and the rest on here) a couple hundred bucks. I just have one detail to add; someone mentioned that the heat-shrink tubing would not seal completely around the two wires, so I used Liquid Tape on both ends of the tubing just to make sure. It's made by Star Brite and you can get it at most marine supply stores.

Thanks guys!

Old 07-27-2014, 10:35 PM
Same issue; different scenario

I was wondering guys, if the issue that was being seen here would be the same. I have checked for water and found nothing. The drivers seat still works with the controls along with the foot pedals and mirrors. What is not working is the chair will not respond when resetting for two separate drivers and the radio will not turn off once the key is pulled and door opened. I am thinking that it is probably the same problem but different variation and was wondering if anyone had the same conditions. If so, do you suggest tracking this wire down further to see if it is corrupted or if it is an entirely different problem.

Thanks
2004 F150 Lariat 4x4, Crew Cab.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:23 AM
worked

found the same thing wrong with my 2006 f 150. found the orange wire with the green stripe, sure enough corroded off. respilced the wires and vioe la problem fixed. thnx a lot to the person who solved this problem and for posting it here much appreseated .

Old 04-09-2015, 11:48 AM
If this happen to you, its goes to be a problem for others here too. Thanks for the fix and pictures.

Old 04-09-2015, 11:52 AM
Here is a suggestion, Start a post where ALL the fixes can be posted in one place. So when you have a problem , you could check there first??? Just an idea.

Old 06-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Great thread. Found the same problem, same water, same damage. Fixed. So where's the water coming from?

Quick Reply: Mirrors, drivers seat and pedal not working