Turning signal fuse keeps blowing

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2009, 01:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turning signal fuse keeps blowing

Can a broken side mirror (it is power and has the blinker in the mirror) make the fuses blow constantly?

Old 07-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It is possible that this causing it.

You can unplug the mirror, and see if it clears the symptoms as a step in trouble shooting.

If you want some guidance is removing the door panel, you can download the directions from Muth, and follow the directions to the point of getting to the connector.

http://www.muthco.com/products/carsandtrucks.htm

Would have linked the PDF directly, but your profile is not completed with the info on your truck

Old 07-26-2009, 02:47 PM
When the mirror broke, the shop took the broken mirror out, cut a piece of mirror to fit and put it back. It no longer blinks. Would that cause it to keep blowing a fuse when the turn signals are turned on? Are both blinkers on the same fuse? When the fuse blows it knocks out the blinkers, brake lights and cruise control.
It is a 1999 F-150 ext. cab 4x4 Lariat.
Thanks....

Old 07-26-2009, 03:16 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Depending on what they did with the wiring back there, yes it could.

This could also be a problem with the MFS, but I would say best to see either what they did with the wiring, or pull the connector for the mirror off to know which way to go.

You might be able to push the mirror glass all the way in towards the truck, to try to find the wiring back there. Might have to be all the way in, and all the way up. Use your hand to carefully move the glass. Be careful not to push it too far. Once the mirror is moved all the way up. there will some resistance against it ( slightly more than the resistance of pushing the mirror into the motor mounts, the plastic white pins )

Old 07-28-2009, 01:23 AM
i had that problem but it ended up being a short in my bulb on my trailer. i went threw about 10 fuses.

Old 07-28-2009, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by 20SUPERCREW05
i had that problem but it ended up being a short in my bulb on my trailer. i went threw about 10 fuses.
x2 on this

Quick Reply: Turning signal fuse keeps blowing