Wire's coming out of wire harness (Windshield Wiper/Turn Signal)

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2009, 06:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wire's coming out of wire harness (Windshield Wiper/Turn Signal)

Well Guys,
I am having a problem with my Windshield Wiper/Turn Signal switch for the Windshield Washer motor. I took the old Wiper/Turn Signal stalk off this morning and checked for any broken wires. I didn't find any.

BUT! I did find that after unplugging the harness that some of the wires in one of the harness's wouldn't stay in the holes!

Here are some pictures of it.

They wires have little ends on them that are supposed to "SNAP" into the harness but they aren't. I think I am going to push them all the way in and then put a little "SUPER GLUE" onto the wire end to hold them in place.

What do you guys think?

-Chris

Old 07-05-2009, 07:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Don't know if that will do it.

If you put the MFS connector back on the MFS, then insert those wires onto the male terminals using a pair of small needle nose pliers or something else to push the female spade terminal into the connector body, and onto the male terminals, that might work better.

You can try the Ford pigtail catalog, and order one that looks like it. Don't know if you want to go that far or not.

http://www.motorcraft.com/products.do?item=23

You can also try a Napa, they might have the replacement ones. Don't recall seeing this at Autozone, but you could try there as well.

Old 07-05-2009, 07:15 PM
hmmm.. IM not sure im picking up what your saying..

Your saying snap the harness back onto the wiper/turn signal switch and then use needle nose pliers to push the wires down into the harness to get them connected to the switch tabs?

Old 07-06-2009, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by wluttrell
...<snip>....
Your saying snap the harness back onto the wiper/turn signal switch and then use needle nose pliers to push the wires down into the harness to get them connected to the switch tabs?
For those that are broken, yes. Watch that they are lined up after putting the connector on, prior to pushing them down.

Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Chris - if you didn't quite catch what SSCULLY was telling you, the fact that the female connectors don't stay in the plastic housing of the connector is really of no importance. What matters is that they securely grip the male prongs in the mating connector (Boy, this post has gotten kind of x-rated, hasn't it?).

If you push the female connectors back into the plastic housing as far as they will go, they will be positioned properly to accept the male prongs. Then, if you sort of keep pressure on the wires with your finger as you reattach the connector, you should get tohse female tabs at least started onto the male pins. If they seem to be sticking out of the back of the plastic connector at all, you might be able to push them the rest of the way on with some kind of small tool.

- Jack

Old 07-07-2009, 08:33 AM
haha!

Hey, just a question, does anyone know where you can get a new harness and those square type spade connectors?

-Chris

Old 07-07-2009, 09:39 AM
Getting the new end piece is probably not going to be cheap or fun to replace every pinned wire. Just plugging the two back together and then manually pressing on the loose pins is what I would do and leave it alone assuming it all works.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by wluttrell
haha!

Hey, just a question, does anyone know where you can get a new harness and those square type spade connectors?

-Chris
Did you not find one from the URL in post #2 ?

Old 11-28-2013, 10:46 PM
Hey luttrell,

I can not thank you enough for this pass. I've been meaning to send this since July.

The day before we had a group heading to a mission trip in central VA, I made the mistake of trying to change the signal switch in my 2001 f150. That night we were supposed to be loading a trailer I was to be pulling with the truck.

After installing the new switch, I tested the switch and found that it didn't work. After taking the clamshell apart to find that almost a all wires had pushed out of the back of the harness. I was in a near panic realizing that trial and error was not going to be possible in solving this problem.

I went on line to see if I could find the harness pattern that may tell the wire pattern. After looking through a dozen or so sites, I was about to give up when I decided to check just one more site... Yours. Thank you so much for posting the photos as it solved our problem. Without it, I would have likely abandoned the use of my truck which would have left us one truck short.

Peace and thanks! Know your post made a big difference to a mission team full of happy kids in Virginia. Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas 2013. I'm hoping you get this since this was back 2008/2009!

Old 11-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dam even old post have value!!!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-09-2016, 02:44 AM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Did you not find one from the URL in post #2 ?
trying to find harness colorcodes for 200 f150 for turn signals and wipers

Old 07-09-2016, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by veto66
trying to find harness colorcodes for 200 f150 for turn signals and wipers
Bit of a typo there.

Can you complete your profile or provide the info on your truck.

Old 07-13-2020, 12:33 PM
Please note that there is a mistake in your wiring. The orange(white stripe) wire should be below the green(orange stripe wire). I had to go to a wrecker and cut the connector out to find the mistake. My vehicle is a 1999 Ford F250 XLS.
Jacques

Quick Reply: Wire's coming out of wire harness (Windshield Wiper/Turn Signal)