Temp. gauge and Compass 01 SCREW

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Temp. gauge and Compass 01 SCREW

I asked this questions some time ago with little help, going to give it another try..
The Compass and Temp readout in the overhead is not working. no display what so ever.. the map lights and sunroof work fine.. Didn't notice any fuses blown
Any thoughts or suggestions as to what could be wrong?
Thanks!

Old 06-16-2009, 06:35 PM
thats a common problem and it happened to mine too, it's not worth fixing just go to the wrekers and get a new display there super easy to remove, just throw the old one away.

Old 06-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Compass/Outside Temp Display

I have the same problem in my 01 SCREW. My overhead lights and sunroof work fine so no bad fuses. I'm thinking a bulb in the display is out but haven't taken it apart yet. I don't know if I really want to go that route really... time is a valued commodity to me.

Originally Posted by 4play2008
just go to the wrekers
What is wrekers? Is that car talk for junk yard? We have a couple junkyards that are refered to as "pic-a-part" near my location but every F-150 seems to have it's interior elect components picked clean. Any other suggestions besides driving down to the dealer and ordering a new display?

Old 06-30-2009, 07:43 PM
mines been out for 3 months now, went to the dealership they wanted anywhere between 100-175 for one i said no thank you thats way to high for that. so ive been driving around with out it. if you take it apart, the display has a bunch of little wires connecting the circuit board if you try to sauder them all it might work, it did mine for about 2 weeks then went out.

Quick Reply: Temp. gauge and Compass 01 SCREW