Seat belt chime Disable on Chevy ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seat belt chime Disable on Chevy ?

Against my better judgement, I told a friend of mine that I would try and help him out. I tried to get him into a F150 but he chose a bowtie instead now his seat belt chime wont go off. Our Fords have instructions in the manual on how to turn this off but I can't find his. I know most of us don't like to help the bowtie boys but does anyone know how to turn this off???

Old 05-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't know what year you're referring to, but I had an 02 Silverado before my F150 and I read the manual cover to cover and I don't remember it saying that you can turn that off. Chevy's have a body computer that controls almost every function that's not engine. I once asked them to disable my DRLs and they refused. I finally fiqured out a way to do it myself. Call a Chevy dealer and ask if it can be done by the owner or if they have to, which they probably will not. In fact, I'd call a few. Good luck.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
when it comes to gm with electrical stuff it is a absoulute ******* nightmare to work on.

however, you could try crawling under the seat and somehow disconnecting the harness from the seat belt lock and seeing if that works. (i know this works on fords, not that we need to.)

"The King" what did u have to do do disable the DRsL? the old lady has a 02 cavalier and every once in a while i try to disable them and get so mad i give up for another couple of months.

Quick Reply: Seat belt chime Disable on Chevy ?