2006 F-150 Supercrew - Dead Battery: Door Lock Relay?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2006 F-150 Supercrew - Dead Battery: Door Lock Relay?

My battery keeps going dead, and I have done the multimeter - fuse thing! I have seen some draw on the battery, but cannot seem to locate the drain. The one thing I have noticed is a clicking coming from the door lock relay when the voltage drops below 7 volts or so. I unplugged the fuse and it stopped. I am charging the truck now, but wondered if the relay could be the cause of the draw? Any thoughts....

Old 05-02-2009, 08:29 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Can you tell me which position the door lock relay is in ?

I seem to be missing it this AM.

Old 05-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No it is not the door lock relay. I unplugged the fuse to the relay and charged the battery disconnected from the truck. I hooked up the battery fully charged, and it was dead again 9 hours later. I also checked the battery when charged and disconnected with the voltmeter, and it was fine (it is also a new battery). I did find an amperage draw on my headlights though, and it went away when I pulled the fuse. What has me confused is I checked that twice before and did not see a draw there, but still ended up with a dead battery. I hate electrical issues!!!

Old 05-04-2009, 10:17 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Good thing it is not the door lock relay, there is not one that is serviceable in the fuse panel.
The lock function is from the BSM/VSM on the back wall of the cab, under the rear window.

Can you repost the above info, and indicate which fuses you are talking about, your post makes no sense what so ever.

Also, did you do your AMP install you were posting about ?

Quick Reply: 2006 F-150 Supercrew - Dead Battery: Door Lock Relay?