04 F150 - Radio staying on, power locks aren't working, plus others!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2009, 02:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jjs316, what truck do you have? Is it a Screw?

Old 04-04-2009, 02:53 PM
Originally Posted by cop on my back
jjs316, what truck do you have? Is it a Screw?
04 F150. all the specs are in the first post of this thread. FX4, 4 door, 5.4l

What do you mean, is it a screw?

Old 04-04-2009, 07:59 PM
Super crew cab

Old 04-04-2009, 08:07 PM
Originally Posted by cop on my back
Super crew cab
yes four full doors.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Not sure then. My splice in question, along with many others on here with the 4 doors, is in the wire bundle right at the back where it starts to bend up leading to the rear of the cab.

Old 04-05-2009, 01:16 PM
I found a pigtail that has three wires coming off it unplugged inside the drivers door that plugs into another connector that goes to the latch. Thought that might be my problem so I plug it back in but nothing happened. is there anything that I would need to reset if that was the reason of my problem?

if you leave the headlights on the auto setting there is a relay clicking sound near the fuse box on the passenger side and also a clicking coming from the rear of the cab. the headlights just go dim and brighter and dime and brighter and so on so forth. also the dash lights flicker with the relay click.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:23 PM
did you solve this issue? i am having the same problems with my 04 lariat screw.

radio won't turn off
doors locks don't work
interior lights and bed light no longer come on automatically.

Old 01-05-2010, 10:28 PM
No I havent fixed the issue. I just started to deal with it after I couldnt find the splice and some other things that people suggested didnt work.

Old 01-06-2010, 01:05 AM
sounds like your computer is in the process of frying... mine did the same... dealer's problem tho, they fixed it

Old 02-02-2010, 07:15 AM
Anyone else with a Screw find this mysterious splice? I've been unable to locate it despite the very good pics so I'm wondering if maybe it doesn't exist on all? Symptoms are the exact problem though. Neither drivers door will activate the door open sensor. Every time I get out I reach over and open the passenger door <pain in the ****>...

Old 05-18-2010, 12:50 AM
I know this thread is on the old side, and I am new to the forum - but I found this post because We were having the identical problems with our 2004 Ford Expedition. No automatic headlights, no remote keyless entry, no power door locks, no convenient lights and the door ajar light was on, but all doors were closed. After checking all purple wires on the driver side, wd 40ing the crap out of the doors etc. we found our problem. One the passenger front side, near the fuse box and keyless entry box - pulled the floor panel to reveal the wiring and there was corrosion on a red wire with a white stripe. this wire comes from the rear of the vehicle and is spliced to go from one wire to 2 wires - our corrosion was just in front of the splice. FIXED!!!! I realize this is an f150 forum and that this may be of no use to anyone here, but it seems to be a headache for so many people I just wanted to share what we found. Hope this helps someone else!

Old 05-18-2010, 08:09 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by ditomaso
I know this thread is on the old side, and I am new to the forum -...<snip>.....
Nothing wrong with this, that is why the info is kept on the site, you needed it and found it, posting to it is the right thing to do, no worries with that.

Originally Posted by ditomaso
...<snip>.....I realize this is an f150 forum and that this may be of no use to anyone here, but it seems to be a headache for so many people I just wanted to share what we found. Hope this helps someone else!
There is also a Expedition / Navigator sub forum, and there are quite a few Expedition owners here as well.

Thank you for posting what you found, it will be very useful to the next Expedition owner that has a problem, I am sure they will be thankful for your post. Solutions to problems are some times missing, so I would like to personally thank you for posting what you found. If you have pictures you can create an album here, and post them, that would be great too. If not, don't worry about it, the solution in text alone is worth a thousand dollars to the next member with the problem ( estimate on the repair bill they would have from the dealer ).

Welcome to the site, and thank you for the solid contribution

Old 06-13-2010, 07:59 PM
I am having a similar issue. I had issues with my driver side window going up. Aparently while fixing it I blew a fuse and my bdm went screwy. After jumping the truck (a 2006 scab) everything seemed ok. Noticed that the stereo wasnt working and replaced the 10 amp fuse.. so far so good. then i noticed that the door locked wouldnt work. Now Im confused. Plus the radio doesnt turn off when i turn the truck off and open the door. I noticed if i take out the Accessory Delay Relay out it turns off, but turns right back on when i put the relay back in...Any suggestions? Thanks

Old 12-01-2012, 02:29 AM
Easy fix to all those problems

Here is a step by step easy to fix video I used to fix my truck with all the problems you said you have took me 20 minits start to finish good luck hope this helps http://youtu.be/gWqWv_RC904

Last edited by Derrik Nikkel; 12-01-2012 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:40 PM
I don't know who the first person was that discovered the "purple wire fix", but I owe them a case of beer. I found the splice, just like everyone said, and wouldn't you know it, my splice was bad. This is really the best forum on the internet. Thanks to everyone who posts fixes on here.

Quick Reply: 04 F150 - Radio staying on, power locks aren't working, plus others!