Remote Start Causing CEL 0460 and 1288

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Remote Start Causing CEL 0460 and 1288

So I helped a friend install a Remote start on his 2001 V6 2WD F150. Wasn't very hard after trouble shooting a bit. Its and Avital 4100.

I had connected it to the tach wire for the tach sense, but it did not like it, so hooked it to the fuel injector and it started fine. How ever after its warmed up (started for its full 20 min run time) it wont start using the remote. It just cranks 3 times and then stops, but it will start with the key.

Now he is getting a CEL and two codes, P0460 (P0460 - Fuel Level Sensor) and P1288 (Cylinder Head Temp Sensor out of range). When I was under the hood I noticed that one of the fuel injector connectors was loose and I could pull it off without squeezing anything.

He brought it to his local mechanic and they suspect that the codes are directly related to the remote starter(didn't even look at the loose fuel injector connector).

So Now I am looking for opinions. He is going to disconnect the power from the remote start effectively disabling it and test it without the remote start.

I think it has something to do with the loose Injector wire, but cant prove it and he lives 1.5 Hours away from me, and wont be home to look at it till the weekend.

Quick Reply: Remote Start Causing CEL 0460 and 1288