2013 F150 Power door lock issue

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 F150 Power door lock issue

I have a 2013 F150. The power door lock switch on the drivers side will lock the vehicle, but will not unlock the doors. The passenger side switch works to lock and unlock and the factory key fob also works to lock and unlock. I replaced the drivers switch with a brand new OEM part from Ford and it continues to do the same exact thing. It does not have any aftermarket items on the vehicle (like alarms, etc). Thoughts on what might be wrong and how to troubleshoot?

Old 05-08-2021, 03:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I found the issue. Looks like it was repaired, maybe at the dealership, when new. There was a splice with heat shrink just by the switch in the door. I cut some insulation just past it, and it was good. I couldn't find the wire in the bundle coming out of the door harness (yellow with violet stripe). My neighbor found that it was actually spliced there too, but it had come undone and it was a black wire that goes under the steering column.

I ended up cutting the black wire off under the column and then splicing a 12-15" section into the door break and then again under the column. I soldered, taped (because I couldn't find my heat shrink bundle) and then zip tied it up.

Works perfect.

Quick Reply: 2013 F150 Power door lock issue