Power Driver Seat malfunction

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am a brand new member and this is my first post. Therefore, if I am doing this incorrectly my apologies.

I have a 2013 F150 XLT King Cab with a partially functioning power driver seat. It will move forward and backward as well as tilt. Unfortunately, it is stuck in very highest up position and will not lower.

The net result is that I bump my head every time I enter the truck. "Why not duck your head when you get in," you say. Well, in addition to being tall, I am old and I forget!

Anyone out there who knows if this might be a fuse problem, or do you think it might require replacing a motor? Any insight/suggestions that you respond with will be most gratefully received. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Old 04-19-2017, 09:12 PM
Partially Non-Op Driver Seat

I have the exact issue on my 2013 Texas Edition. I keep looking up a manual for the fuse box but none show me the fuse box on my truck interior. Let me know if you find a solution please.

Old 04-19-2017, 10:38 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Old 04-19-2017, 11:37 PM
Power Driver Seat Malfunction

glc:

Thank you for your input regarding the fuse schematics. I did find the information about the Passenger Seat fuse, however, I am unable to find any reference to the Driver Power Seat.

Since you have come the closest to providing usable information on this issue, could I bother you one more time to assist us in finding specific fuse information on the Power Driver Seat?

Thank you in advance for your response. Have a great day!

Old 04-20-2017, 09:59 AM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
All I know is what I see in the owner's manual. I don't have access to the factory wiring manual.

Old 04-20-2017, 02:35 PM

glc:

Many thanks.

For any others who might have this problem/interest, I called 2 Ford dealers this morning (Raton, NM & Santa Fe, NM) and both claimed to NOT know about a fuse location for the Driver's Power Seat. However, both said, "if the seat will move in any of the six directions, as mine does, then the fuse would not be the problem." Both suggested that either a "switch" problem or "motor" problem would be the issue.

Old 04-20-2017, 03:33 PM
Originally Posted by plapen
glc:

Many thanks.

For any others who might have this problem/interest, I called 2 Ford dealers this morning (Raton, NM & Santa Fe, NM) and both claimed to NOT know about a fuse location for the Driver's Power Seat. However, both said, "if the seat will move in any of the six directions, as mine does, then the fuse would not be the problem." Both suggested that either a "switch" problem or "motor" problem would be the issue.

Thanks for the Help. I will have to call my Ford Dealership and set up an appointment for them to replace whatever the issue is.

Old 06-21-2017, 11:16 PM
Power Driver Seat Malfunction

A very late update on my issue with the driver seat malfunction issues. As previously mentioned, various dealership suggestions of "switch" and/or "motor" probabilities proved to be totally wrong!

I took the vehicle to Capitol Ford in Santa Fe, NM where the service rep (and service tech) repaired to problem by re-setting the on-board computer. Apparently, even though it is not even mentioned in the Owner's Manual, the computer has a fail-safe (in the event some foreign object, e.g., bottle, etc is trapped under the seat) wherein it will not allow permanent damage to the apparatus by shutting down the motor function.

Cost to repair: 1 hour of my time and slightly over $100.00!

Just an FYI to investigate for anyone having the same problem I experienced. Thanks.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:50 AM
Plapen:

Thank you very much for that update. I had been putting off going to my dealership due to my expectation of having to shell out serious cash for my seat to work again. I will make an appointment as soon as possible.