keypad lock on door

Old 04-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
keypad lock on door

anyone know how to reset and reprogram the keypad lock on the door?

i bought the truck used and dont knoiw what the old owner had it set as, and seeing how i lock my keys in the car every other day i feel it would come in handy.

Just tryin to avoid taking it to ford and gettin charged for it

Thanks

Old 04-22-2008, 07:31 PM
Originally Posted by JIFF97
anyone know how to reset and reprogram the keypad lock on the door?

i bought the truck used and dont knoiw what the old owner had it set as, and seeing how i lock my keys in the car every other day i feel it would come in handy.

Just tryin to avoid taking it to ford and gettin charged for it

Thanks
You can't reset it without knowing the original code. If you remove the back seat, there is the computer mounted on the rear wall for the locks. It has a sticker on it with the 5 digit code. Other than this, there is no other way to get it other than going to Ford.

P.s. I bought a used truck from a Ford dealership and they didn't charge me to get the code.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:04 PM
yea thats the problem i bought it from a chevy dealership

Old 04-22-2008, 08:22 PM
Well then your options are one of the two I posted. Either remove the back seat or pay at Ford.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:58 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
And, I think the dealership you bought it from would pull the back seat and give it to you for free, as "thanks" for buying the truck.

From other posts on this subject in these forums, getting the back seat back out is NOT a "fun" experience! But, there are posts here about removing it if you want to look for them and are into punishment.

I was lucky. I got mine from the former owner.

I'm just going to add this: Why reprogram the thing. You DON'T erase the original entry code - it's still live. By adding a second entry code, you just cut the time it takes to find a "live" code in half. I stuck with the original code. I don't expect the original owner to come find me and steal the truck.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 04-22-2008 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Why reprogram?
Old 04-22-2008, 09:41 PM
I'm just going to add this: Why reprogram the thing. You DON'T erase the original entry code - it's still live. By adding a second entry code, you just cut the time it takes to find a "live" code in half. I stuck with the original code. I don't expect the original owner to come find me and steal the truck.

- Jack
if i knew the original code i would use it, but i have no idea what it is. and like i said i lock my keys in the car every other day.

i just wanna be able to use the thing

Old 04-22-2008, 10:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bah the keypads are overrated.
10 numbers are just to make it look complicated. there are really only five buttons. each pair/combo represents only 1 button.
theres only 3125 different possible combos instead of the "advertised" (by the 10 numbers) 100,000

i know my moms expy has a one in it so if i tap one and the other buttons repeatedly the truck typically unlocks within three tries.

ive thought of unplugging mine but i unfortunantly leave my keys locked in on purpose a lot

back on topic though, go to the dealership you bought from and ask them to get the number for you, if they say they cant or dont have the means, tell them you need them to cover what ford will charge you to retrieve the code.

Last edited by Fabian06SC; 04-22-2008 at 10:46 PM.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the help everyone...

Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
bah the keypads are overrated.
10 numbers are just to make it look complicated. there are really only five buttons. each pair/combo represents only 1 button.
theres only 3125 different possible combos instead of the "advertised" (by the 10 numbers) 100,000

i know my moms expy has a one in it so if i tap one and the other buttons repeatedly the truck typically unlocks within three tries.

ive thought of unplugging mine but i unfortunantly leave my keys locked in on purpose a lot

back on topic though, go to the dealership you bought from and ask them to get the number for you, if they say they cant or dont have the means, tell them you need them to cover what ford will charge you to retrieve the code.
yea i know they're overrated, i thought they where dumb as hell till i was up till 1:30 the other night waitin for roadside assistance to come unlock my truck... then the guy saw the keypad and gave some dumbass look like i was too dumb to use it before i called them.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Here are some directions that I put together from member's posting

Right click -> save as :
http://my.voyager.net/~sscully/04and...eatremoval.doc

The ability to hack the keypad code would take some time.
Anti-scan feature locks out the keypad for 1 min after 35 keys have been pressed ( 7 tries ).

Old 04-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by JIFF97
if i knew the original code i would use it, but i have no idea what it is. and like i said i lock my keys in the car every other day.

i just wanna be able to use the thing
Understand completely. It was just that in your original post, it sounded like you wanted to add a second entry code - not a great idea in my opinion. But it probably helps people who have trouble remembering 5 random numbers. (These folks probably set the new code to something like "12345".)

That's a great guide on removing the seatback SSCULLY. It's much clearer than the one I looked at a few months ago. You're dead right on hacking the keypad too. That's why I've kept mine alive, because I've locked my keys in the car also.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 04-23-2008 at 04:18 PM. Reason: Response to SSCULLY
Old 04-23-2008, 05:25 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
..<snip>...You're dead right on hacking the keypad too. That's why I've kept mine alive, because I've locked my keys in the car also.

- Jack
Every 7 tries is 1 min time out, which means up to 446 min of down time, needed to get into the car doing a brute force hacking method, not including the time to enter the 35 keypad entries, prior to the 1 min time out.

Social hacking will help cut that down greatly.

Fabian06SC says he can get into his mom's in 3 tries, I would hope so, as he should know enough about his mom to do social hacking, so his 3 trys and in comment is a bit skewed.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:20 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Every 7 tries is 1 min time out, which means up to 446 min of down time, needed to get into the car doing a brute force hacking method, not including the time to enter the 35 keypad entries, prior to the 1 min time out.

Social hacking will help cut that down greatly.

Fabian06SC says he can get into his mom's in 3 tries, I would hope so, as he should know enough about his mom to do social hacking, so his 3 trys and in comment is a bit skewed.
Ah, but on average, you'd get in after only 223 timeouts! (And if two codes were alive, only 112 timeouts). Might as well just leave it unlocked!

But, my guess is (and possibly yours is too from your "social hacking reference) that a crook would try things like "12345" or "13579" or maybe "77777" before resorting to the brute force method.

- Jack

Old 04-23-2008, 07:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SSCULLY

social hacking isnt an issue here.
it has the factory code, she never programed a personal code.
i just remember it has a one in it, and if you just press the the rest of the buttons randomly and some at the same time it usually pops it in two-three tries. the only factor there is that i have eliminated one round of codes by knowing the first number.

another thing is that you dont have to repeat a five number sequence every time. as long as the five numbers are entered in a sequence, up to the 35 entries allowed before time out, it will unlock.
You can just press 35 random entries and if the correct code is entered your in. try it out. go out and press three random numbers and without stopping enter your five number code, it will still work even though the first three numbers were wrong.

either way though they are good to have. Just dont leave the truck running with the keys locked in and expect it to work lol

this thread took a drastic mathematical turn of events

Old 04-23-2008, 07:50 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by Fabian06SC
social hacking isnt an issue here.
it has the factory code, she never programed a personal code.
i just remember it has a one in it, and if you just press the the rest of the buttons randomly and some at the same time it usually pops it in two-three tries. the only factor there is that i have eliminated one round of codes by knowing the first number.

another thing is that you dont have to repeat a five number sequence every time. as long as the five numbers are entered in a sequence, up to the 35 entries allowed before time out, it will unlock.
You can just press 35 random entries and if the correct code is entered your in. try it out. go out and press three random numbers and without stopping enter your five number code, it will still work even though the first three numbers were wrong.

either way though they are good to have. Just dont leave the truck running with the keys locked in and expect it to work lol

this thread took a drastic mathematical turn of events
Yep, very mathematical! And, you're right of course about the only thing that's important is getting a valid sequence in 35 keypresses.

On your Mom's truck, since you know the first number, she really only has 625 possible codes. That's 89 timeouts or 45 on average using brute force. Still, you say you get in in only 2-3 tries. Seems way too fast for "blind luck" to me. But, you say you're doing it and I have no reason at all to doubt you.

I wonder if there's something a bit "faulty" in your Mom's system? It might be instructive to record what you press to see if it's always the same sequence that opens it? If not, there's a problem that should be fixed.

- Jack

Old 04-24-2008, 02:33 AM
While we're on the topic, does anyone have the procedure to turn off the second code? I know it's in the owners manual for the Expy, but I misplaced mine. I'm kinnda hoping the procedure is the same for both the F150s and Expys.

Basically, I only want the factory code to open it, not the other code the previous owners put in...which, to say the least, is rather easy to crack. A friend playing around was able to open it in under 30 seconds.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: keypad lock on door