Old 04-13-2015, 06:07 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open
http://www.f150online.com/forums/ele...door-open.html

ISSUE
Radio continues to play even while the door is opened. This could be symptomatic of the accessory delay relay stuck in on or this could be the fault of corroded wiring.

Read below for the full discussion…
Print Wikipost

04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hi! ok, a slight necropost Anyhow, I have had similar symptoms, open the door, interior lights dont come on, door ajar doesnt show up on the info center, and stereo doesnt shut off. But, if I stick my finger in the latch and press down, everything behaves as normal. Thus I have concluded that something is faulty. I have done the WD40/Silicone lube spray down without positive results. Does anyone have a write up/pic post with replacement guidelines? Maybe a PN also?

My truck is an 07 Supercab.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:14 AM
I would like to see the picture of the wire harness for the radio will not shut off with ignition off and door open.

Old 08-26-2013, 09:13 AM
Mick,
See page 2 of this post (https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...hp?t=300939).I had similiar issues though not as severe as some on this thread. My problem was not the violet wire. I ebded up disconnecting and reconnecting each of the connectors in the junction box (behind passenger kick panel) and the problem went away.

Not sure exactly what your symptoms are but worth a shot. Good luck...

Old 11-19-2013, 02:53 PM
ok, I guess I am late to this party, but I also have the issue with the radio not turning off, interior lights not coming on and the door ajar warning light not working. I think I have a fairly good understanding of what to look for, just not how to access the splice point. If anyone has pics that they could email me that would be great! I have tried some of the links in this string but they don't work for me. My truck is an 04 super crew lariat.
email is sporter3@comcast.net. Thanks in advance.

Old 11-19-2013, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by sporter3
ok, I guess I am late to this party, but I also have the issue with the radio not turning off, interior lights not coming on and the door ajar warning light not working. I think I have a fairly good understanding of what to look for, just not how to access the splice point. If anyone has pics that they could email me that would be great! I have tried some of the links in this string but they don't work for me. My truck is an 04 super crew lariat.
email is sporter3@comcast.net. Thanks in advance.
I don't have a picture of the splice on the violet wire as my truck didnt have one. I ended up finding my problem was the broken ground wire in the door jam. I pulled the rubber boot that goes between the truck and front drivers door and the thick black ground wire was broke.

Old 01-02-2014, 11:08 AM
Would like to thank you guy's for figuring out the purple wire fix.

2004 F150 4door Lariat .

Auto locks and Auto Lights read "DATA Error "

No dome lights or outside lights when doors were open

The FIX
driver side , rear door
,under the plastic sill panel 3 inches from going up the C pillar
purple wires spliced into one purple wire under the black cloth tape
connection was green and rotting ..It fell apart without hardly touching it

spliced new 12v wire.. tape up and EVERYTHING WORKS LIKE IT SHOULD !!!

fix time was about 5minutes very easy and anyone can do this

Love the FREE fixes

Thanks so much !!!!

Old 01-08-2014, 08:41 PM
Lightbulb Lincoln Navigator 2003, door Ajar Problems

I am looking for some direction, I have a 2003 Navigator, with same symptoms as most everyone.
-Radio keeps playing after key out and door open
-back up sensors not working
-dome lights not coming on after battery saver kicks in
-heated seats not working
-power closing mirrors not working
-My Drivers settings menu is missing most options
Because I have 4 doors and a tailgate, I am not sure if there is a wire splice in the back door, the doors are not suicide hinging so I looked at the rear pillar where the door hinges, I dont see anything there.
I did see a Black wire with a light blue strip(its a ground wire) 5 wires are spliced there but it is shrink wrapped and there is even glue oozing out of the wrap. This was located in the drivers door floor about 6 " from the front.

I have tried spraying all the latches with wd40 but so far it hasnt helped. none of the doors affect the lights, and radio.

Hopefully someone has some insight for me.

Thanks in advance.

Old 01-12-2014, 10:59 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Photos showing how I fixed interior lights not working with door open

I couldn't have found this without the help of the following posts in this thread: Lime05 post #6, FattyBogora post #14, redragon post #15, Aero Octaveus post #17, Mir13 post #18, and coiledup post #44. Thank all of you.

Hope the following photos will help someone out in the future:

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-05-2014, 03:07 PM
door ajar switch

In all matters of the interior lights not turning on "when" either door is opened IS due to the door jam or door ajar switch, the use of wd40 or any penetrant oil simply won't work, BECAUSE of the switch itself, if i can figure out how to upload pics i'll put them on here, their is a little tab on the top of the switch under the rubber boot that protects the switch and and aligns into the door latch that was gone from mine also the tab was broke off too, and it only cost 14.87 from Ford and it took about 45 mins to get to

Old 04-05-2014, 03:23 PM
door ajar switch

In all matters of the interior lights not turning on "when" either door is opened IS due to the door jam or door ajar switch, the use of wd40 or any penetrant oil simply won't work, BECAUSE of the switch itself, if i can figure out how to upload pics i'll put them on here, their is a little tab on the top of the switch under the rubber boot that protects the switch and and aligns into the door latch that was gone from mine also the tab was broke off too, and it only cost 14.87 from Ford and it took about 45 mins to get. I hope that the pics i uploaded are on here!!!

Old 07-05-2014, 11:55 AM
I know this is an old post but i have driven myself crazy.. All of my warning lights are on tach and speedo dont work my 4x4 lights flash on and off as well as the radio and power to my doors staying on after key is out and door is open... i have looked for the purple wire and there is 1 there but only one and no hockey tape connection.. i have run out of ideas and not very mechanically inclined... any help is appreciated...btw i have an 04 supercrew

Old 10-24-2014, 05:15 PM
Please send pic

Old 12-06-2014, 02:36 PM
This was very helpful...took me awhile to find the purple...but it was a very easy fix...anybody need some help with this ...just email me

Old 01-12-2015, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by getterdun
I couldn't have found this without the help of the following posts in this thread: Lime05 post #6, FattyBogora post #14, redragon post #15, Aero Octaveus post #17, Mir13 post #18, and coiledup post #44. Thank all of you.

Hope the following photos will help someone out in the future:

I have a 2004 Super Crew Lariat as well. I am having the same issue. I removed the rear drivers side sill plate and did find a purple wire, however there is only one purple wire... it does not splice into any other purple wire? I even removed the rear plastic panel to trace the wire all the way up, and the purple wire just runs directly into the connector.... there is not two of them???? Simply one purple wire from the front, to the rear.... never is there an additional purple wire....... What other wire would it be other than purple??
PLEASE HELP!!! This is killing my battery every single day...

Old 01-17-2015, 11:02 PM
purple wire

I am new to this, so excuse me if its already posted, but i dont seem to have tbe purple wire spliced into 2 other wires. I have an 07 f150 xlt supercrew, no interior lights no dash lights, no audio, and radio stays on after key removed a nd door open, please help

Quick Reply: 04 F150 - Radio stays on after key removed & door open