HIDS interfereing with FM radio

Old 01-26-2010, 06:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HIDS interfereing with FM radio

well i just put my HIDs in my 00 and just noticed that as soon as i turn them on i get a strong static on every station on my radio, i have heard of this before with HIDs but never really hear of a solution. the only thing that i found strange is that i have an FM ipod adapter that doesn't seem to get effected by the HIDs. so my question is... 1) is this a common problem with HIDs 2) how do you fix this

Old 01-26-2010, 06:25 PM
I have the exact same problem, but I don't know how to fix it. Sorry

Old 01-26-2010, 06:26 PM
Originally Posted by KDracing
well i just put my HIDs in my 00 and just noticed that as soon as i turn them on i get a strong static on every station on my radio, i have heard of this before with HIDs but never really hear of a solution. the only thing that i found strange is that i have an FM ipod adapter that doesn't seem to get effected by the HIDs. so my question is... 1) is this a common problem with HIDs 2) how do you fix this

i got hid heads and fogs, and when i turn either one on, i have the same prob. i havent come across a solution other then listening to xm. lol

Old 01-26-2010, 07:02 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
The high voltage switching power supply for the HIDs is either electrically noisy (junk) or something isn't well grounded and you're getting radiated interference.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: HIDS interfereing with FM radio