2000 Without Keyless Fob... does it have keyless entry?

Old 02-06-2008, 12:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 Without Keyless Fob... does it have keyless entry?

Just bought a 2000 F150 with power locks and windows. I am assuming it has keyless entry but am not sure. PO provided me with 3 "valet" type keys (plain key with big, black, ford plastic grip) but no remotes. He did not know one way or another.

Door lock actuators are out so I ordered those. While I'm tinkering I was either going to install a keyless entry/alarm or investigate if one was installed and I just needed to order a remote.

Could someone point me to a way to tell if keyless entry is installed? Is there a module I can locate or test I can do (turn the key on and off to program a remote, etc)?

If it has keyless, I am assuming I can buy one of the replacement, programmable remotes from ebay for like $30.

Thanks!

Old 02-06-2008, 02:02 PM
Post your vin # or shoot me a pm. I can run the build data and see if it shows wether or not it was built with it. You could also go cycle your key in the ignition 8 times without starting it. On the 8th cycle the locks might go up and down which means it's in programming mode and it would probably accept a remote..

Old 02-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Thank you... VIN on the way.

I'll try the cycling... the door locks don't work but I think I can tell by the "clicking" if it works or not. I'll let you know as well. Thank you!!

Old 02-06-2008, 05:33 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Easy place to look is for the RAP / CSM under the dash.

Start off, laying on your back on the driver's side floor, you are going to be looking up behind the dash along the firewall.

You are looking for an off white color box, that would have a 5 digit number on it. You can kind of see the outline of it here, number not showing on purpose

If you can find this, wire down the number, as if you do the keypad install, this is the factory code for the lock ( needed to program a new number ).
The other check is the procedure that SproutsDad329 posted about. This can be kind of tricky, it took me 3 times to enter programming mode on my 2001, and I could not tell what I did different from #1 and #2 to the 3rd time, to make it enter programming mode. Directions should also be in your owners manual

Last edited by SSCULLY; 02-06-2008 at 07:32 PM. Reason: Correct name of poster...brain fart on my part
Old 02-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Awesome post, thank you very much!! I will try these tonight.

Old 02-06-2008, 05:58 PM

Well I'll be damned! Thanks Scully, I just assumed my truck didn't have it....5 whole years without it....are the key fobs off of ebay any good?

Old 02-06-2008, 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by R1Jester
Well I'll be damned! Thanks Scully, I just assumed my truck didn't have it....5 whole years without it....are the key fobs off of ebay any good?
Take a look, not all trucks were build with a RAP / CSM in them. until you poke your head in there and look ( if you have not already ) you won't know.

I got an additional one off some web site, so the eBay ones might be find. They should look like this :

One place google turned up, price shop them :
http://www.keylessremotesforless.com...es_Remotes.htm

Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Welp, looks like I don't have an OEM alarm but I do have some box in there. It's a 6900P-2 which looks like it's from this company:

http://www.magnadyne.com/index.cfm?M...&Web_CatID=300

Looks like the brand name is "Silencer" .. I don't see a lot of info online but I'll call the maunfacturer and a reseller I found tomorrow to see if they can help out. It looks like it might just be a "key" based system where you have to plug in a key to disable it, which seems weird since the car starts without the key (from what I can see where the key should go). I'll investigate more.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:47 PM

That looks like an ign lock out. So you might turn the key to the lock position, remove the key and the ign is disabled ( old school alarm from the early 80s ). That might be n over simplification of what it is doing, but you can get the same thing with the pink wire to the fuel inertia switch on the passenger side ( key'd contact or SPST switch ).

Don't know how easy that is to remove, and install a Code alarm system. Travis has some good deals on systems from RKE to remote start w/ alarm, if you are looking for that function.

www.kcautosound.com

Old 02-06-2008, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Take a look, not all trucks were build with a RAP / CSM in them. until you poke your head in there and look ( if you have not already ) you won't know.

I got an additional one off some web site, so the eBay ones might be find. They should look like this :

One place google turned up, price shop them :
http://www.keylessremotesforless.com...es_Remotes.htm

I found a off white color box with a 5 digit number on it. That and some key fobs that I need to program should be all I need right?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:52 PM
Yup, from what I'm reading it's a lock out. The best part, there is no "key" in the system. So someone must have disabled it at some point because the car certinly starts. It looks like it is still installed but I'll have to investigate more. There are some rogue "wires" coming from the stereo (amp, changer, etc) from something that used to be installed that I need to remove, plus the antenna isn't working so I'll pull the dash and check all that out at the same time. Hoping I can unplug the Silencer harness without much problem.

I'm looking at something like this, I would imagine, for basic alarm/keyless right?

http://www.kcautosound.com/Code-Alar...p-1-pr-60.html

I would imagine the install is somewhat easy with a wire guide for the F150?

Old 02-07-2008, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by R1Jester
I found a off white color box with a 5 digit number on it. That and some key fobs that I need to program should be all I need right?
The directions above, or in your owners manual to program the fobs, and you are all set.

Old 02-07-2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by harryhoudini
..<snip>....I'm looking at something like this, I would imagine, for basic alarm/keyless right?

http://www.kcautosound.com/Code-Alar...p-1-pr-60.html

I would imagine the install is somewhat easy with a wire guide for the F150?
That is the same item as the RAP/CSM from the factory, for an additional 25.00 Travis will set the harness up for your MY truck, and give you the F-150 install directions. S, yes dirt easy, as long as your are not color blind

Old 02-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Easy place to look is for the RAP / CSM under the dash.

Start off, laying on your back on the driver's side floor, you are going to be looking up behind the dash along the firewall.

You are looking for an off white color box, that would have a 5 digit number on it. You can kind of see the outline of it here, number not showing on purpose

If you can find this, wire down the number, as if you do the keypad install, this is the factory code for the lock ( needed to program a new number ).
The other check is the procedure that SproutsDad329 posted about. This can be kind of tricky, it took me 3 times to enter programming mode on my 2001, and I could not tell what I did different from #1 and #2 to the 3rd time, to make it enter programming mode. Directions should also be in your owners manual

So you are saying that this number is the same number that is the door keypad code? If so that Means that I dont have to take the back seat out of Dads truck tomorrow! If not well ****!

Old 02-22-2008, 06:07 PM
SSCULLY, I'll chime in here as well since I'm dealing with the same issue as the original poster. I recently bought a '99 F-150 4X4. It has power door locks, the PATS keys, and the flashing "THEFT" light on the cluster. I wasn't given any remotes when I bought it, and just assumed that it didn't have keyless entry.

It's hard to tell in your photo where the "white box" is located without some sort of an arrow. I crawled up under the dash in mine a moment ago, and the best I could do was locate some sort of a white box below the steering column with 5 digits stamped on the exterior of it (combination of letters and numbers.) It is located above the box with the 22-pin connector. Is this what I am looking for?

My darned doors lock as soon as the ignition key is turned on, so I'm not sure if the locks are cycling into program mode when I switch the key on and off 8 times rapidly, or if the locks are just locking as they normally would when the key is turned on. So that offers no insight as to whether I have the keyless entry or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2000 Without Keyless Fob... does it have keyless entry?