fog lights and high beams are confused

Old 12-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the HID bulbs have 2 filaments inside and they only use 2 of the 3 wires from the original wiring harness then that is more than likely the source of the problem. The original harness uses seperate wires for high and low beam, with the HID bulbs you are connecting the high and low beam wires through the bulb.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I have a 2004 f150 with an hid kit, and my fog lights are also confused! When i turn on the fogs the high beams come on. I think i made a big mistake. after i realized what was going on I tried to wire the fogs off of the old headlamp wires. headlights and fogs come on at the same time which is ok but now the turn signals freeze when i press the brake! someone please help..............

Old 03-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
first off... you need to wire the fogs back to the original set up. the solution to your HID kit troubles is here http://www.landstromsfoundry.com/Tec...Foglights.html
but you hafto wire everything back to the way it was. hopfully this will resolve your turn signal problems.

Old 10-09-2010, 03:52 AM
I tried the bambi mod but my high beam indicator is still glowing faintly on low beam, although my foglights are working now...?

Old 02-24-2017, 08:51 PM
Same problem

I too have a 2005 F150 and changed my headlights and fog lights to LED. Now when I turn on my fog lights it activates my high beams. If this has been answered I apologize but I couldn't find the answer in the thread. I didn't make any changes to the wiring or add any other components. These were plug and play bulbs. Thanks!

Old 08-06-2020, 09:55 PM
Atleast im not the only one... i just got the truck about a week ago. The headlights that where in it at time of purchase were garbage so I decided to put LED's in it for headlights and fog lights. Mine are doing the exact same thing, mine even flicker every now and then when in low beam. When I purchased the LED's I asked if they were plug and play and the company told me yes they would not flicker or cause any problems. Well.... here I am.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: fog lights and high beams are confused