passenger window does not work at all. help please!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Using this picture of a 3 dimple driver's door as a template ( mirror image ) :

It looks like your 3 hole would be about :

Again, maybe use a 1" hole saw on this, so you have room for slightly missing the bolt head ?

No rivets to remove, so leave them alone. Just the 3 hex head screws, reach in through the opening, and turn the motor, it releases.
LEAVE THE RIVETS in place !! Can't stress that one enough !

The URL in post #2 has the details on removal, read them before starting.
wont the drill bit on the head of the hole saw drill into the head of the bolt, or are the bolts in farther

Old 09-03-2007, 06:12 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 4wd150
..<snip>...how do u keep the hex head screws from falling down in the dorr when u loosen them?
..<add>...wont the drill bit on the head of the hole saw drill into the head of the bolt, or are the bolts in farther
The Bolt ( which is actually a hex head sheet metal screw of sorts, not a M12x1.25 threaded bolt ) Is a not long once backed out. If you are unsure, you can drop a small magnet in the socket ( round magnets at Ace or the likes ) to hold it. It does come out fairly easy.

As for the depth, yes they are close, You are going to have the chuck the pilot drill in the hole saw up a bit more then usual. I think I had it about 1/16" to 3/32" below the end of the hole saw itself. Usually this is a good 5/8" to 3/4" beyond the end.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:18 PM
alright cause i just went to home depot today and bought a hole saw (7/8) and
the drill bit sticks out past the hole saw almost half an inch and it wont go down any more. should i just grind some of the bottom of the drill bit away so it doesnt stick out as far?

thanks for all the help

Last edited by 4wd150; 09-03-2007 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by SSCULLY
Again, maybe use a 1" hole saw on this, so you have room for slightly missing the bolt head ?

No rivets to remove, so leave them alone. Just the 3 hex head screws, reach in through the opening, and turn the motor, it releases.
LEAVE THE RIVETS in place !! Can't stress that one enough !

The URL in post #2 has the details on removal, read them before starting.

Thank you again SSCULLY. I'll probably give it a shot next weekend. I have to admit though, that it brings back memories of a search for a wall stud I once went on. Fortunately, I was hanging a cabinet, so my incompetence was hidden, but by the time I found that stud, the wall looked like someone had taken an Uzi and emptied a clip into it. :o

Last edited by One-eyed Jack; 09-03-2007 at 10:34 PM.
Old 09-04-2007, 06:24 PM
i got my motor out today by drilling 3 holes and unscrewing bolts. took about 10 min if that, very easy
thanks alot for all the help

Quick Reply: passenger window does not work at all. help please!