99' Data Link Connector not Working

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 06:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99' Data Link Connector not Working

Hey, has anyone had a problem with your data link connector or know what i can do to make mine work? I went to AutoZone the other day so they could check out my check engine light and when the guy went to plug it in he said his scanner wouldn't turn on, which meant i had a bad fuse or something. So he said go fix the fuse and bring it back if the light is still on...so i check the manual and it says Data Link Connector is fuse#12 a 5a fuse and theres nothing there in mine, so i go to put one in and it won't take one...so i take it back to AutoZone and the guy says i can't help you, you'll have to take it to a dealership, then i really got pissed and told the guy i would shop there again and now i'm here , any suggestions?

Old 06-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Fuse position 3, a 20 amp fuse, is your power supply to both your DLC and your cigarette lighter. Stop using your cig lighter hole to power your crap and your DLC will always have power.

Old 06-28-2007, 08:28 PM
Hey, thanks for the help my fuse #3 is shorted out or something though. I went and took out the old 20 fuse and it was fried, and everyone i tried puting in would spark and blow it so i think i might have a short. But at least now i know fuse 3 powers both, thanks

Old 06-28-2007, 11:55 PM
Attached is the wiring book page for your vehicle from a ford manual. Good luck and have fun with your search for a short.

Quick Reply: 99' Data Link Connector not Working