side view mirror wiring diagrams request for new body style

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
side view mirror wiring diagrams request for new body style

i am currently trying to manually wire up my side view mirrors for my 05 (both driver and passenger) and i am in need of wiring guidance/diagram. both mirrors dont have the pigtail harness and i am thinking of just soldering some wires directly onto the contacts/poles. i would like to know which contacts/poles are for which connection as well.

the driver mirror has 12 connections. it is powered and comes with led turn signals, puddle lamp and heated mirrors.

the passenger mirror, however, has only 7 connections (if i recall correctly). it is powered, but only has led turn signals.

if anyone can provide assistance, please do so. thanks in advance!

Old 02-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Sounds like you have 2 different mirror heads. Don't know why that is, but here is the 2006 EVTM 124-1, for power mirrors, while includes the power fold diagrams ( going to the power fold module, you will have to DIY this ), and puddle lamps.

Might want to check why the pass side only has 7, unless you only want the power fold and puddle lamp on the driver's side.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...028-182549.jpg

As for directly soldering, might not want to do that. If you ever have someone clear your mirror head off, you would have to cut and re-solder those.
You can try a bone yard for another mirror connector, or try the Ford Catalog for similar pin types, and install them in the connector and solder from there
http://www.motorcraft.com/products.do?item=23

Old 02-19-2007, 12:27 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Look thru the MotorCraft Wiring PigTails guides - you might be able to order the proper connectors from Ford for a few bucks each.

Old 02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am in the process of converting my xl manual mirrors into powered mirrors. initially i had purchased one powered mirror with the led turn signals only. the second mirror was supposedly the same type but i guess it ended up being heated with puddle lamp as well (ebay). i couldnt care less for these as i dont need them. i wanna make use of the powered mirrors and led signals however.
thanks for the assistance guys

Quick Reply: side view mirror wiring diagrams request for new body style