Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to F150Online Forums!
Welcome to F150Online.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the F150Online Forums community today!

Old 02-17-2007, 12:31 PM

Vehicle: 1994 Ford F-150
1994 F150 - Door Locks, Dash Lights, and Dome Light

The right side of my Dash Lights went off where all my gauges are. Mainly my Amps and Fuel Light. There are 3 lights. Left - Oil and Temp, Center - Speedometer, and Right - Amps and Fuel. How do I change it?

My Dome Light burned out. While trying to relace it, The bulb was lost. I have been everywhere even the dealership and they keep giving me the wrong bulb. They say it is called a map light. I can't seem to get the right one. I need a part number.

Finally, my door lock does not work on the drivers side. I can unlock it from the inside but I cannot use a key on the outside. This is only a dealer part. The last time I tried gave me the wrong part yet once again. Anyone have a part number for that as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
~Whussappi
Old 02-18-2007, 01:30 AM

Vehicle: 1983 Ford Bronco
1) Buy a Haynes manual (PN 36058) and follow the instructions in the last chapter for removing the cluster. You can also click my signature link & look in the Low Fuel Light album for some additional info.

2) Wal-Mart's bulb finder computer shows the correct bulb. It's a large wedge-base, but IDK the PN.

3) What part are you trying to buy? The "lock" is an integral part of the latch. The lock cylinder (where the key goes) is probably fine, but it's common for the plastic lever on the back to break off. IIRC, adrianspeeder posted pics, PN, & price for it on FSB, and probably here too. Do some searching. You can find several diagrams in the Doors album in my signature link. If this problem surfaced when it was freezing, read the recall about the door latch near the bottom of this page.

. . .
Old 02-18-2007, 01:30 AM