Passenger Window Works From Passenger Side But Not Driver

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 11:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger Window Works From Passenger Side But Not Driver

Hello,

I am hoping for some experienced user to help me out. Recently, I am unable to roll certain windows up and down from the master console. However, I am able to control the windows from the doors themselves. Most consistently, I can not control the back passenger window from the main console but from the door it works just fine. I do not even know where to start in trying to narrow down the culprit.

Any ideas on what to but to diagnose and repair would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Rich
02 F150 Super Crew 4.6

Old 06-19-2007, 12:22 PM
Question Passenger Window

I too have a passenger window that won't go down when using the drivers side master control panel. The window will go up using the MCP but will only go down when using the passenger door window button. I took apart the master control panel on the drivers door. The small panel just pops up at the front (nearest to the dash board) of the MCP. I took apart the switch. It has a small circuit board on it, plus a few contact points for the switch. The circuit board has two diodes on it so they could be bad. I did not trouble shoot the diodes. I would hate to replace this switch if something else is causing the problem. I can only imagine what the price would be from
Ford being I just replaced the headlight switch ****, not the switch, just the plastic **** for $27.00. I know, I know, this is where all the manufacturers make all their money. Good Luck with your problem. By the way I have a 2001 F-150 XLT V-6 S-Cab 2WD. I'll post again if I find any new info. Jim

Old 06-20-2007, 04:54 PM
I just replaced my driver side master switch for the windows. Only the drivers side control switch for the passenger door window needed to be replaced but the switch comes as a two part switch. One for the drivers window and one for the passenger window. Cost me $116. including tax here in San Diego. Yeah, I know I could have gotten it cheaper on the web but I didn't want to wait any longer. Jim

Quick Reply: Passenger Window Works From Passenger Side But Not Driver