need headlamp help!!

Old 12-19-2006, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need headlamp help!!

#1 Today, 10:38 PM
j.d.o.
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2006

headlight socket replacement?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

j.d.o.
Junior Member Join Date: Dec 2006

Headlights

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Question, I had aftermarket lights, burned the sockets out, went to autozone and got heavy duty sockets, installed them as the directions indicated, and went back to OEM light bulbs. Problem is now my dims are SUPER dim, and my high beam indicater on the dash stays on dim when the dims are on. The wires didn't match up colorwise but the directions said to match autozone black to ford black, autozone blue to ford green w/ orange stripe and autozone yellow to ford green w/ black stripe. ( at least thats what i think it said.) I have a ford 2003 supercrew 150.
thanks for any help, Jdo

Old 12-19-2006, 11:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like you might have a bad ground or a crossed up wire. I would recheck the wiring and grounds.

Mike

Old 12-20-2006, 11:01 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I would say Mike has the right idea here.

A thread on the same topic :
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ghlight=socket

Diagrams from the 2001 EVTM. If you have your old socket, you might be able to meter the bulb pin to the wire color, and then meter the new socket to the color to verify which is which.

I would say by the description that you have the ground lead on the socket hooked to the high beam on the truck. With the instrument cluster indicator lamp on, with the low beams, the low element is trying to find ground via the high beam circuit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need headlamp help!!