Power Door Locks

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2006, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Door Locks

My drivers side power door lock has been working intermittently... Sometimes it works perfect, sometimes not at all. What do you think it could be? My first assumption was the actuator, But now Im thinking maybe a loose connection. What should I check?
Thanks

Old 09-01-2006, 08:34 AM
Old 09-02-2006, 02:55 AM
Thumbs up I think this is the fix for your problem.

The actuators have a problem and your description sounds like the falure they exhibit. Mine did the same thing and my friend is a Ford service writer. He said just replace them and the problem will go away. I think there is a post on this board about them too. Something about a thermistor that goes bad. Another bad Ford design I guess. Click here to see the post - Very good one!! Add this to my odometer going bad, my failing Passenger Air Bag Off light..... and the real kicker - my spark plug blowing out of the head!! LOL - but I guess one of the good things is that this forum is here to help and I fixed all but the spark plug problem myself!! On one hand I am frustrated with the truck, but on the other I am glad to be able to work on it and find so much good information on it here!! Thanks to everyone on the site for the help!!!

Quick Reply: Power Door Locks