factory alarm - how to disable?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 06:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Dave,

I woudl rather let Travis ( KCAutoSound.com ) answer if something like a Code Alarm CA-530 could be added to this, or if you still want an alarm remove the one you have, and go with a CA-630.

What you have now should ( this is the part I would rather let Travis answer to be 100% sure ) just be an add on like the CA-530 ( Ford Silver ) CS-630 ( Ford Gold ), and removal would not have anything like the factory RKE fobs or the door key stop working.

Actually with the Ford Silver Remote start the factory RKE fobs still work as normal.

Either drop Travis an email or give him a ring, and he can hook you up with the CA-530/630, and tell which route is better to go.

Good luck, let us know what you come up with.

Steve

Old 04-22-2006, 12:25 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Your truck has the model I described. You are reading the wrong number.

I don't have the one you have in stock so I took a picture of the next one up. This one has remotes but it will give you an idea of what i'm referring to.

Here is the unit. The system consists of a main brain and then the controller module. The main unit is the number that you referred to.

The number I am looking for is on the inside of the controller module. On the bottom of the door it should read model number 2W7Z-19G361-BA or 2W7Z-19G498-BA

In this picture you will see that the units number is a 2W7Z-19G498-DA.... let me know what your units number is.

Old 09-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old Thread

Originally Posted by KCAutosound
Your truck has the model I described. You are reading the wrong number.

I don't have the one you have in stock so I took a picture of the next one up. This one has remotes but it will give you an idea of what i'm referring to.

Here is the unit. The system consists of a main brain and then the controller module. The main unit is the number that you referred to.

The number I am looking for is on the inside of the controller module. On the bottom of the door it should read model number 2W7Z-19G361-BA or 2W7Z-19G498-BA

In this picture you will see that the units number is a 2W7Z-19G498-DA.... let me know what your units number is.
Hello everyone. Looking on google found this old thread on F150s factory alarm. Would the either of the CodeAlarm CA-530 or CA-630 fit my 2002 F150? It has the PATS system. I looking to add a motion or a shock sensor at least to my car, for added security.

Quick Reply: factory alarm - how to disable?