Go Back   F150online Forums > Body > Electrical Systems
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Photos Vin Decoder FAQ Members Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read VendorsGarage

Electrical Systems SPONSORED BY:

Old 11-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Garage is empty, add now

1998 F150 dome lights out

Anyone know exactly which fuse is for the dome lights? TIA.
Old 11-02-2005, 08:10 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1998 Ford F-150
The dome lights arent on a fuse by themselves.If the fuse was out you would see various other things out as well.None the less I'll look in my owners manual tommorrow and see wich one it is and what else is on that circuit.If you have your owners manual you can look in the very back in the index for the word fuse and it'll tell you what page the fuse panel schematic is on and there it would be
Old 11-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Garage is empty, add now

My manual disapperaerd when I had some work done on the truck. Thanks for checking.
Old 11-03-2005, 04:46 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 1999 f150 5.4 xlt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wareal
My manual disapperaerd when I had some work done on the truck. Thanks for checking.
Click here to download the Owner’s Guide.
Old 12-02-2005, 07:11 PM
Garage is empty, add now

Dome lights

The plot thickens...my dome lights are out intermittently (for no apparent reason). In addition to the dome lights, the winshield wipers and lights on/ignition off warning "gong" also don't work. On the way home tonight I tried the overhead light and it worked. I then washed the windows with the wipers. I tried them again a minute later and they are out again. I'm stumped, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Old 12-02-2005, 09:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Garage is empty, add now

Vehicle: 2004 Ford F150
Send a message via AIM to Quintin Send a message via Yahoo to Quintin
This all could be any number of problems.

Regarding your wipers, multifunction switches flaking out was a common concern. As was individual pins in the connectors to the switch backing out and making intermittent contact. Also, water entry into the central junction box/GEM module from a windshield leak can cause all kinds of havoc in '97-'03 F150s, Expeditions and Navigators. Did it rain recently before all these problems started?

!@#$ the language filter.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:53 PM
Garage is empty, add now

My truck is not garaged and yes it has rained, however, I can't say exactly when or if it's related to the start of the problem. It wasn't raining yesterday...the wipers and dome lights worked once while I was out on the road. a possible culprit is a windshield leak into the GEM box? Any suggestions how to proceed from here? When the wipers don't work neither do the dome lights.
Old 12-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Garage is empty, add now

Having Same Problem

I too am having the same problem....no wipers and dome light....and it has rained recently......so do I need a new GEM module? I have had the original windshield replaced in the last couple of years....about six months ago....my radio shorted out and was fried....had to replace...

Ken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintin
This all could be any number of problems.

Regarding your wipers, multifunction switches flaking out was a common concern. As was individual pins in the connectors to the switch backing out and making intermittent contact. Also, water entry into the central junction box/GEM module from a windshield leak can cause all kinds of havoc in '97-'03 F150s, Expeditions and Navigators. Did it rain recently before all these problems started?
Old 12-26-2005, 09:10 AM