Decided to replace my 5 year old factory battery while I have it out for the e-fan install. Wanted an Optima but I guess they don't fit for ***** with the adapters and didn't want to drop the extra time / money getting a custom holder off ebay. Got a Motorcraft Max BXT-850 from the dealership. (875cca / 1000a @ 32F) The factory one is BXT-650. (650cca) I just noticed the 850 doesn't have the "green eye" like the factory one does and I'm wondering if the new one is serviceable, if they stopped using them, or if I just need to peel the sticker...??? The vent caps don't say non-removeable and there's no mention of serviceable or non-serviceable. Ideas?
Also, does anyone know if the factory battery is the "Plus" or "Max"? I haven't pulled mine yet and won't till Mon. / Tue. Didn't see the "Super Duty" when I was there...any ideas what that bad boy costs / how many cca's it has? Thanks!!!
2001 F-150 XLT 4x4
- 4.6L PI Romeo 5-Speed
- Full Body Line-X Xtra
- SCT Xcal2 (Dyno Tuned
- P&P TB / Elbow / Manifold
- WMS Velocity Tube (Ceramic Coated, K&N, Chopped Airbox
- OBX Longtubes, Magnaflow Spun-Cats, Dynomax Race Bullet
- Ford Racing 4.10's w/ Cobra LSD
- Pro Comp X-A/T 305/65R17's
- T.P. E-Fans & Pulleys w/ Gatorback
- Denso Iridium Plugs
- Hard Anodized Plug Threads