Help adding touch pad to 2003 F150

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Help adding touch pad to 2003 F150

I am attempting to add a keyless entry touch pad to my 2003 F-150 regular cab pick-up. The vehicle has factory keyless entry and is prewired for a touch pad. The connection is found in the drivers door just above the speaker. I found a touch pad and door handle assembly from a 1999 Epedition. When I plug it into the wiring harness of my truck and punch in the entry code for my truck nothing happens. Has anyone had any experience with this? Is there someway I can check to be sure the touchpad is good?
Thanks
Threadcutter

Old 01-22-2005, 09:39 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am not so shure thatyou can just add the key pad and have it work. I was thinking of doing the same thing on my 2001 When I checked wit my friend who is a Ford parts mjr he said ther is a ford kit to do the install very pricy, seems as though there is more components than just the key pad.
Ford Motorcraft offers a similar device that sticks to the door with double stick tape looks the same as far as buttons but is wireless you program it like a key fob it has a set combination and can be programed with youre numbers just like stock. Its ok But I would also rather have stock appering set up. The backround is black and it could be put on the window mlding to blend in many of the Ford cars are factory installed this way. If I remember corectly it's priced in the low $100 range my friend always gives me a great price but I'am shure you can find one reasonably.I am shure you can find this in the Ford accessory cattalague at a dealership.
Let me know if you find a resolve I would like to do the same thing Did youre truck have a code in youre owners manual? Mine did and thats what made me think that the thin would work.
Its snowing hear may be i will get the wiring cd out and see what may be required I will also post if I find anything out.

Old 01-22-2005, 10:13 AM
I am not so shure thatyou can just add the key pad and have it work. I was thinking of doing the same thing on my 2001 When I checked wit my friend who is a Ford parts mjr he said ther is a ford kit to do the install very pricy, seems as though there is more components than just the key pad.
Ford Motorcraft offers a similar device that sticks to the door with double stick tape looks the same as far as buttons but is wireless you program it like a key fob it has a set combination and can be programed with youre numbers just like stock. Its ok But I would also rather have stock appering set up. The backround is black and it could be put on the window mlding to blend in many of the Ford cars are factory installed this way. If I remember corectly it's priced in the low $100 range my friend always gives me a great price but I'am shure you can find one reasonably.I am shure you can find this in the Ford accessory cattalague at a dealership.
Let me know if you find a resolve I would like to do the same thing Did youre truck have a code in youre owners manual? Mine did and thats what made me think that the thin would work.
Its snowing hear may be i will get the wiring cd out and see what may be required I will also post if I find anything out.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are two different keypad designs, the older style with 7 wires and a newer style with 5 wires.

Your 2003 truck is likely looking for a 5-wire keypad and you likely picked up a 7-wire one - they are incompatible.

You should be able to buy a new keypad and it will work fine.

Old 02-01-2005, 05:05 PM
buschman
Have you done this mod?

Old 02-18-2005, 11:51 PM
I did this on my 2003 XLT SCrew, it was a very simple installation. You are right about the connector, located just above the speaker, round & green. I don't remember how many wires it had but here's what I ordered from www.ford-parts.com:
The drivers outer door handle #XL1Z7822405BAJ sells for $48.30 and the actuator #YL3Z14A626CA sells for $66.22 plus freight. It was actually only a few bucks more than the "stick on" keypad they are selling and it looks as if it came from the factory w/ it. Works great, just had to find the code on the keyless entry unit located under the dash. Hope this helps, good luck!

Old 02-19-2005, 04:02 AM
Go to http://www.svtlightnings.com/ , On the left you'll see a "How To" section. In it, you'll find the Keyless keypad installation instructions and part numbers.

SL

Quick Reply: Help adding touch pad to 2003 F150