Enable a zero speed fan on the air control?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Enable a zero speed fan on the air control?

The main thing I do not like about my '04 truck is that lack of having an open vent without having the fan on.

Ford is crazy for this stupid design. Never ever seen a car that you can not have free flowing air coming into the car/truck.

Is there any way I can add a 0, to the 1,2,3,4 speed control?

Old 01-17-2005, 05:50 AM
awl, or a scribe

Old 01-18-2005, 03:35 PM
What do those mean?

Old 01-21-2005, 01:15 AM
Location: Lost some where in the middle of the Ozark Mountains!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He is saying to scratch a zero on the panel with a sharp object.

For a real answer of sorts I am thinking about adding a 30 amp. rocker switch for the fan power to run through before it can be on any speed at all.

Old 01-23-2005, 01:03 PM
You complain about having the fan run. I dont like how GM has free air ALWAYS coming in and the only way to basicallly stop the air from coming in is closing the vents.

Old 02-02-2005, 05:25 PM
I agree w/jinjimbob: "Ford is crazy for this stupid design"...I have a 2000 F150 Lariat, same 'stupid design'.

In order to STOP the fan from running, you must turn the adjacent **** to the "OFF" position. This, of course, means you cannot get any fresh air into the cab,..unless you open a window.

I had to replace my blower motor, and apparently these motors do not last too long, since they are usually ON most of the time.

Who thinks up these electrical circuits for new cars?

Oh, by the way....I couldn't find an awl and couldn't hire a scribe, so I used my soldering iron to melt a "0" on the dash. First time I made the (0) on the wrong side, so now, after re-branding the dashboard, I have 6 speeds for my fan. (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, O).

Old 02-03-2005, 12:56 PM
its a smart design.

Always fresh air coming in. What happens if you have a CO leak into the cab?

Oh, you have fresh vent air like a GM. But does that fresh direct air pass through the factory installed cabin air filter?

Face it, as the entire population gets older, they dont want to have to deal with pollen in the cars (just like the air filters in the home furnace)

FAO Swartz went bankrupt because the population is aging and the young kids are just not being born to replace them.

The Mark LT is gonna hit those 55 YO men that want the luxury of their Lincoln/BMW/Lexus in a pickup truck AND they have the money to do it. These 55 yO men dont want a "bling bling" gangsta rapping Escalade.

Billy Ford is walking in the steps of Henry2... reading where the market is going and making the models to make a buck. The Mustang hit these Boomers in their youth. The front drive Lincolns and Mark LT hit them as they retire.

Quick Reply: Enable a zero speed fan on the air control?