wiring diagram 2001 f150

Old 04-10-2004, 11:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wiring diagram 2001 f150

Looking for wiring diagram for 2001 ford f150 to install a remote starter on my truck.

Old 04-11-2004, 11:05 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
www.helminc.com has the Ford ones in paper.

They also have the CD version which has the complete service manual on CD, but these are like 275.00.

I don't know if eBay still has the CD version. Sometime ago, a eBay site had them for like 20.00.

Old 04-11-2004, 12:08 PM
Thanks for the imfo. found what I was looking for but its going to cost me 60.00. I thought there might be some where i could get it for free..........

Old 04-11-2004, 01:12 PM
Here ya go

| ITEM | WIRE COLOR |POL| WIRE LOCATION |
| 12V|yellow |+ |ignition harness |
| STARTER|red/lt. blue |+ |ignition harness |
| IGNITION|red/black *5 |+ |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY|black/green |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND ACCESSORY|gray/yellow |+ |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK|pink/yellow |*1 |*1 |
| POWER UNLOCK|pink/green |*1 |*1 |
| LOCK MOTOR|pink/black | |drivers kick panel |
| UNLOCK MOTOR|pnk/blk or red/org | |drivers kick panel |
| DISARM DEFEAT|pink/orange | |passengers kick panel |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|brown | |headlight switch |
| HEADLIGHTS|red/yellow |+ |headlight switch |
| DOOR TRIGGER|black/lt. blue |+ |*2 |
| TACHOMETER|white/pink *6 | |instrument cluster or *3 |
| SPEED SENSE|gray/black |8 |PCM *4 |
| BRAKE WIRE|lt. green |+ |brake switch |
| HORN TRIGGER|dk. blue |- |steering column |
| WIPERS|white - dk.blu/orn |+ |motor or relay |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|wht/blk - tan/blu |A |drivers door switch |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|tan/blu - wht/yel |A |drivers door switch |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN|yel/blu - gry/orn |A |drivers door switch |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN|red/blk - yel/blk |A |drivers door switch |

Notes:
*1 Non-keyless versions are 5 wire located in the drivers door harness. Keyless versions are negative trigger located in a gray molex plug to the right side of the steering column *2 Located in a gray molex plug to the right side of the steering column. *3 Tach can also be located in the main harness that runs on the inside of the firewall to the left of the brake pedal. *4 PCM is located on the left side of fire wall. *5 There are two red/black wires at the ignition harness, use the heavier gauge wire of the two. *6 Diesel tach is a white/pink and the diesel wait to start wire is black/pink (-), this wire MUST be diode isolated from the instrument cluster to keep the battery from draining 'see direct fax document #1090'. Both wires are located at the PCM or can also be located in the main harness that runs on the inside of the firewall to the left of the brake pedal.

Hak

Old 04-11-2004, 01:14 PM
CRAP!! Sorry, the I clicked wrong. The above is for the Super Duty. This is the correct one.

| 12V|yellow & lt. grn/pur|+ |ignition harness |
| IGNITION|dk. blue/lt. green |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND IGNITION|gray/yellow |+ |ignition harness |
| THIRD IGNITION|lt. blue/pink *1 |+ |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY|red/black |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND ACCESSORY|black/green |+ |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK|pink/yellow |*2 |passenger kick panel |
| POWER UNLOCK|pink/green *8 |*2 |passenger kick panel |
| LOCK MOTOR|pink/black | |driver kick panel |
| UNLOCK MOTOR|red/orange | |driver kick panel |
| DISARM DEFEAT|pink/orange | |passenger kick panel |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|brown | |light switch *3 |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|lt. green/yellow | |light switch *4 |
| HEADLIGHTS|red/yellow |+ |light switch |
| DOOR TRIGGER|blk/yel & blk/pnk |- |*5 |
| DOME SUPERVISION|black/lt.blue |+ |passenger kick panel |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM|*6 | | |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|dark green/purple |- |drivers kick panel |
| TACHOMETER|*7 | | |
| BRAKE WIRE|light green |+ |at switch *3 |
| WIPERS| | | |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|org/wht - wht/blk |A |in drivers door |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|wht/yel - tan/lt.blu|A |drivers kick panel |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |

Notes:
NOTE: Some models of this vehicle are equipped with PATS (Passive Anti Theft System). Use DEI module 555F to over-ride during remote start. *1 Power this wire if vehicle is equiped with only rear anti-lock brakes. Vehicles with all wheel anti-lock brakes do not have this wire. *2 Negative pulse, type 'B', on keyless entry models. Five wire, type 'C', on non-keyless models, mastered from the driver switch. *3 May also be found at trailer connector next to diagnostic connector under dash. *4 If equipped with autolamps. *5 The black/yellow catches the drivers door and the black/pink catches the passengers door. The wires are found in there respective door harnesses. On the Super Crew the rear door trigger is black/lt. blue low in the driver kick panel. Use all wires and diode isolate each. See direct fax document #1076 for wiring information. Both wires may also be found at the GEM module located above the fuse box. On models without a dome light delay use orange/lt. green (-) at the light switch. *6 Arms when locked with the door open. To simulate, send a negative trigger to the lt. blue/white wire at the RAP module, located behind the light switch, while locking. *7 Tach wire: on the 4.2L it is a dk. blue/lt. green at the coil pack on top of the motor. On the 4.6L go to any of the 8 ignition coils and use the wire that is not red/green. On the 5.4L it is a lt. green/white at the coil on the passenger side of the motor between the fuel injectors. *8 The GEM in this vehicle shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to 'wake-up' the system refer to directfax document #1093.

Hak

Old 04-11-2004, 03:57 PM
Haku
Thanks buddy will give this a try......now this is for a f150 exe cab 4x4.

Old 04-11-2004, 06:27 PM
Yes the second diagram is for all 2001 F150's, including extra cab, supercrew. What remote start are you putting in? You also need a PATS bypass, which one are you using? I would suggest the PKF bypass. If you need one, let me know I have a few left. I install remote starts on the side from Sept-March. I rarely do any during the summer. A few suggestions on doing it.
Solder EVERY connection, do not use T-taps ect. Test every wire before connecting to it. Take your time and route the wires so it looks factory, try bundleing the wires together and tape them up. Use high quality tape, I use 3M Super 33, but its pretty expensive, for a good quality low price tape use the 3M Tartan (usually under a buck at NAPA, or Lowes, Home Depot). If you run into any problems, feel free to email me.

Hak ip3@centurytel.net

Old 04-11-2004, 07:38 PM
Autocommand is what i am installing, I bought it of a fellow and my buddy is going to install it for me.

Old 02-17-2023, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=Haku;1286590]CRAP!! Sorry, the I clicked wrong. The above is for the Super Duty. This is the correct one.

| 12V|yellow & lt. grn/pur|+ |ignition harness |
| IGNITION|dk. blue/lt. green |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND IGNITION|gray/yellow |+ |ignition harness |
| THIRD IGNITION|lt. blue/pink *1 |+ |ignition harness |
| ACCESSORY|red/black |+ |ignition harness |
| SECOND ACCESSORY|black/green |+ |ignition harness |
| POWER LOCK|pink/yellow |*2 |passenger kick panel |
| POWER UNLOCK|pink/green *8 |*2 |passenger kick panel |
| LOCK MOTOR|pink/black | |driver kick panel |
| UNLOCK MOTOR|red/orange | |driver kick panel |
| DISARM DEFEAT|pink/orange | |passenger kick panel |
| PARKING LIGHTS +|brown | |light switch *3 |
| PARKING LIGHTS -|lt. green/yellow | |light switch *4 |
| HEADLIGHTS|red/yellow |+ |light switch |
| DOOR TRIGGER|blk/yel & blk/pnk |- |*5 |
| DOME SUPERVISION|black/lt.blue |+ |passenger kick panel |
| FCTRY ALARM ARM|*6 | | |
|FCTRY ALRM DISARM|dark green/purple |- |drivers kick panel |
| TACHOMETER|*7 | | |
| BRAKE WIRE|light green |+ |at switch *3 |
| WIPERS| | | |
| LF WINDOW UP/DN|org/wht - wht/blk |A |in drivers door |
| RF WINDOW UP/DN|wht/yel - tan/lt.blu|A |drivers kick panel |
| LR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |
| RR WINDOW UP/DN| | | |

Notes:
NOTE: Some models of this vehicle are equipped with PATS (Passive Anti Theft System). Use DEI module 555F to over-ride during remote start. *1 Power this wire if vehicle is equiped with only rear anti-lock brakes. Vehicles with all wheel anti-lock brakes do not have this wire. *2 Negative pulse, type 'B', on keyless entry models. Five wire, type 'C', on non-keyless models, mastered from the driver switch. *3 May also be found at trailer connector next to diagnostic connector under dash. *4 If equipped with autolamps. *5 The black/yellow catches the drivers door and the black/pink catches the passengers door. The wires are found in therespective door harnesses. On the Super Crew the rear door trigger is black/lt. blue low in the driver kick panel. Use all wires and diode isolate each. See direct fax document #1076 for wiring information. Both wires may also be found at the GEM module located above the fuse box. On models without a dome light delay use orange/lt. green (-) at the light switch. *6 Arms when locked with the door open. To simulate, send a negative trigger to the lt. blue/white wire at the RAP module, located behind the light switch, while locking. *7 Tach wire: on the 4.2L it is a dk. blue/lt. green at the coil pack on top of the motor. On the 4.6L go to any of the 8 ignition coils and use the wire that is not red/green. On the 5.4L it is a lt. green/white at the coil on the passenger side of the motor between the fuel injectors. *8 The GEM in this vehicle shuts down after the doors have been locked for a certain time period, to 'wake-up' the system refer to directfax document #1093.
Is the ignition wire yellow or green purple color? I only see just yellow wire and a green purple wire. Trying to figure out which color wire wire is the ignition to get connect my power supply cable for my fog lights having a on off switch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wiring diagram 2001 f150