Factory remote start kit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 04:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory remote start kit?

On Ford's site I found a factory remote start accessory for my 2002 Supercrew. The part number shown was 19G364.

I checked fordpartsonline.com and could not find this part.

Has anyone purchased this starter kit? How much was it and where did you get it?

I'm looking to put a remote start kit in and have been looking at the kits from DEI and bulldog, but I'd be willing to pay more for a factory kit.

Thanks.

Old 12-09-2003, 10:39 PM
I looked into this a while back...I'm not too sure about the 2002 (i have a 2003). If you have key pad entry you can forget about using it with an aftermarket kit as those don't integrate well with the door panel pad. According to FordGenuineAccessory, you'll need to buy two parts (1L3Z19G364BA-69 and 1L3Z19G365AB-38). If you want an alarm as well w/keyless entry and Remote start, you'll need part 1L3Z19G364CA-93 instead of 1L3Z19G364BA-69. One is the actual remote start package and the other will be the PATS bypass module. Parts should run you about $200-300.

Check out FordGenuineAccessory.com

Tony

Good luck installing it yourself. Remote start systems can be extremely complicated.

Last edited by TonyPTX; 12-09-2003 at 10:41 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:37 PM
My roommate is installing a Bulldog kit on his truck. During the installation he had to call their Tech Support people. To make a long story short, they "helped" him wire it opposite of the inclosed diagram, burned up the control box, had him cut a bundle of wires that didn't need to be cut, never sent requsted wiring diagrams via E-mail, took hours to return calls and was seldom ever able to speak to the same tech support person.

I'm sure there are other people out there that have had better experiences with this company, but this isn't one of them.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:09 PM
TonyPTX,
Just wondering, what is the basis of your statemnet: If you have key pad entry you can forget about using it with an aftermarket kit as those don't integrate well with the door panel pad.? I have insatlled both the door keypad and an aftermarket remote start and have had no negitive interaction between them. I used the remote start daily, i use the door pad to enter the truck while it is running either with the key or remotely.....Are you refering to a specific brand?

Old 12-12-2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by S'CrewLoose
TonyPTX,
Just wondering, what is the basis of your statemnet: If you have key pad entry you can forget about using it with an aftermarket kit as those don't integrate well with the door panel pad.? I have insatlled both the door keypad and an aftermarket remote start and have had no negitive interaction between them. I used the remote start daily, i use the door pad to enter the truck while it is running either with the key or remotely.....Are you refering to a specific brand?
Ok clarification here...I personally was looking for a keyless entry/remote start/ALARM package. Adding an ALARM to the mix makes the keypad complicated to integrate w/aftermarket kits. The FORD alarm/keyless entry/remote start package should be designed to arm/disarm the alarm from the keypad too. SOOO, if you just have keyless entry w/remote start, then it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Quick Reply: Factory remote start kit?