seat belt audio warning

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 07:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question seat belt audio warning

Does anyone know how to disable the seat belt warning alarm for those who choose not to where seat belt ?? I check the fuse panel layout in owners manual but did not see a fuse for this ? BTW, this is for a 2002 F150 Supercrew. THANKS!.

Old 05-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Reach under the seat and unplug the wires. Search my recent postings to find how to disconnect the other beepers.

Old 05-27-2003, 10:15 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That is how I did it.

There is also a procedure in the owners manual that will turn if off, until the next time the battery is out of the truck. I opted not to do that with all the mod work I do I always reset the PCM ( some say needlessly ) and would hate to go and redo this every time.

I don't see this tied into the airbag system at all in the EVTM. that is a bumper sensor and a g-force de-acceleration sensor.

I don't know for sure in the PCM code if the airbag lets loose any slower without a seatbelt on vs with?? I still wear it all the time, I just don't need the reminder.

Old 05-27-2003, 11:30 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by SSCULLY
... bumper sensor and a g-force ... sensor.
Not sure if any of the ladies out there are interested but I'm a licensed 'g-string' sensor. Pre-warning though, this will typically involve me having to use my 'probe'.

RP

Old 05-27-2003, 11:32 AM
First let me temper the statement by saying,
Wear your belt, it is much less uncomfortable than a steering wheel to the chest. Can you say pericardial tamponade (bruising of the heart, usually due to blunt force trauma yes it kills, literally)?

That said, if you don't want to de-wire the system, you can depress the lever on the fastener once after the key is installed, this tricks the sensor into thinking the belt is installed in the fastener.

PS anybody know how to get rid of the door chime? I keep shooting rounds at the general area, but all I seem to do is ventilate the doors. J/K

All kidding aside, wear your belt, no excuses.

Somewhere, somehow, somebody will miss you.

Old 05-27-2003, 04:48 PM
RPs off of his medication again. Everybody watch out!

Old 05-27-2003, 05:28 PM
Door chime ? Remove door panel and unplug or cut wire.

Old 05-30-2003, 11:36 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You can disable one chime by unplugging the connector under your seat and the other by looking in your Owner's Manual. (There's a mating dance with the ignition switch and seat belt that takes about 2 minutes to do.)

That said, there's another sensor you can't remove, silence or otherwise disable. It's called a State Tooper. I too agree that wearing your seat belt is a small price to pay for saving your life. I believe your friendly local law enforcement official will also be happy to "document" that fact too. Your choice.

Quick Reply: seat belt audio warning