Air Bag code 4 - 6 ?

Old 03-25-2003, 04:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Air Bag code 4 - 6 ?

Okay, new one -

2000 E-350. Airbag light blinking 4 times, 6 times, then repeats. Finally constant on. Any idea what this means?

Old 04-19-2003, 11:11 AM
I can't say for sure that this will work for the F series truck. But on some of the Lincoln's a few years ago. The air bag light would come on. It ended up being a computer error. Just a simple disconnect your battery for 30 min to reset your computer might do the trick.
Let me know if this works for ya.

Always remember, any time you work on an air bag. Disconnect your battery for at least 2 min to disable the airbag so you can work on it. I'm sure you wouldn't want to see them work in your own drive way.

skip

Old 04-19-2003, 07:41 PM
Driver Belt and Buckle Assembly Pretensioner Circuit Resistance Out of Range..

Probably the seatbelt pretensioner.. seen numerous of these go bad on alot of Ford's..and there's the possiblity of a wire problem or the module (ECS)

Good Luck!!

Old 04-29-2003, 03:32 AM
Air bag problem

Just wanted to follow up on the air bag problem I have been having as well. I decided to go in to have it looked at. I couldn't find the sensors in my truck. No book out on the 2001 supercrew as of yet by hanes or chilton. I did look in the book where it is on the earlier f150. It shows it just behind the front bumper. Does anyone know where it is at on the 2001s?

I had a dealer look at the problem and was told that it was some type of spring assembly in the steering column that they had replaced. I guess I took it that it too was a sensor.

To my suprise, it was still covered under 5/50,000 plan. for the safety devices. Good thing I went now. I have 48,000 miles on now.

Hope the info helps anyone who needs it

Skip

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air Bag code 4 - 6 ?