Trucks going into Dealer this morning

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 06:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Trucks going into Dealer this morning

When I try to turn my headlights or parking lights on my instrumentation panel goes out. This includes the odometer and radio lights. Radio plays, but the lights all go out. Maybe a fuse? Also it seems the doors lock while driving down the road, even though they are already locked. I know they will lock once you start driving, but this happens after I have been driving for a while. It just started so I think it's all related.

Also going to have them look at my SQUEAKY seats that have been driving me crazy while it's in. I am at around 33,000 miles.

-Brian

Old 03-10-2003, 09:01 PM
Question Interesting!!

I had this exact thing happen once a couple of months ago! Dealer could not duplicate the problem or find any thing wrong. That was the only time it happened, and the dash lights came back on after about 20 seconds as I was driving down the road.
Let me know if you find out anything on this odd problem. Feel free to contact me directly at "markmizzou@hotmail.com"
One more thing mine is also a 2002 XLT 4x4 with the autolamp option. It was built at the Kansas City Mo. (Claycomo) plant.

Old 03-12-2003, 01:45 PM
You probably already checked this and it may sound like a dumb question, but is your dimmer control turned way down. As you probably know, your dash light dim when your headlights are on. If your dimmer is way down they will appear to not work.

Pete

Quick Reply: Trucks going into Dealer this morning