How to find what dealer has a specific vehicle found on inventory.ford.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 03:49 PM
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
How to find what dealer has a specific vehicle found on inventory.ford.com

I have been looking for a specific truck for a while, and looks like a couple have finally showed up on lots... however, in trying to find them, I have been looking on ford's online inventory tracker and the "extended inventory" which lists all vehicles within a certain radius of your zip code.

But it does not list WHICH dealer has it, so I can contact them to buy...

I have the VIN, and a couple dealers I have contacted are not interested in doing dealer transfers

Old 05-31-2015, 10:19 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Make an educated guess to figure out which dealer may have it, and start checking the dealership websites.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Google the VIN and most times the dealers site will come up. That's how I searched for the truck I bought.

Old 06-02-2015, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by OkieDoc
Google the VIN and most times the dealers site will come up. That's how I searched for the truck I bought.
That's a good suggestion, but did not work on the ones I was looking for. I did get it to work with some similar ones. Seems to work if the dealer lists the VIN on their website.

Old 06-10-2015, 02:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In 02, I found the White Lariat Supercrew 4X4 of my dreams on my local dealers website inventory...went over to negotiate...truck was sitting at the Port of Benicia, CA (30 minutes away)awaiting delivery to the dealer...had it by the end of the day...

Old 07-21-2015, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by kcward
In 02, I found the White Lariat Supercrew 4X4 of my dreams on my local dealers website inventory...went over to negotiate...truck was sitting at the Port of Benicia, CA (30 minutes away)awaiting delivery to the dealer...had it by the end of the day...
Funny story, I found a truck on the Ford inventory website, called their internet sales department, negotiated a price, but the hitch was, the vehicle was still in transit. So I bought it sight unseen, it gets here Friday... it showed in their inventory because it was allocated to them, but was not actually in stock yet

Thanks for the help everyone...

Ford at some point did an update to their website so now it actually shows the dealer name so you don't have to google the VIN.

Quick Reply: How to find what dealer has a specific vehicle found on inventory.ford.com