The best looking headlights with built-in LED bars for your Ford F150 2014

Old 11-14-2014, 05:32 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The best looking headlights with built-in LED bars for your Ford F150 2014

The release of the new Ford F-150 pickup probably doesn’t need to be highlighted. We are all get excited about its super-stylish design and upgraded front end.
However, the release of new model doesn't mean that previous body style stays behind as aftermarket manufacturers keep updating us with remarkable accessories to complement it's tough and mighty look.
Spyder lighting manufacturer has recently released this brand new headlight style with built-in LED bars for 2014 F150.

Spyder® - Ford F-150 2014 Black Projector Headlights with Light Bar DRL
http://www.carid.com/2014-ford-f-150...-35747203.html

* with Sylvania or Osram Lighting;

Spyder® - Ford F-150 2014 Chrome Projector Headlights with Light Bar DRL
http://www.carid.com/2014-ford-f-150...-35747206.html

* with Sylvania or Osram Lighting;

These headlights are available for models with factory halogen lights and models with factory HID lights.

Read more about Spyder at CARiD.com: http://www.carid.com/spyder/

Let us know what do you think about these lights?

Old 11-14-2014, 08:34 AM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hi.

You are soliciting feedback, correct? Here's mine - Boilerplate = IMHO, okay?

Subjective Looks aside, you should be posting a very large, highly visible disclaimer, as such:

*** Beware - Installing these replacement headlights will result in LESS Lighting Performance than the stock OEM units that come from the factory. ***

Spyder has NEVER produced a replacement headlight that improved upon the optical precision, lighting performance or build quality of the OEM stock headlights. They are appearance mods only, and sacrifice the attributes listed above in the process.

More:

From the pitiful amount of technical info provided via the links, have a look at this statement just as an example:

"Where a conventional parabolic type reflector reflects light outward in a dispersed pattern, the elliptical reflector reflects the light toward a single focal point in front of the bulb." That is incomplete, at best. What happens next? How are the high & low beam patterns produced? ( I don't suppose there is a cutoff shield, lol). Is the reflector optimized for a specific type of halogen bulb? IS this a halogen-only system? If so, what is the bulb type.

Additionally - could you elaborate on just exactly what the 'model with factory HID lights' consists of? Projector model? HID capsule/igniter assembly used? Is it Bi-Xenon? Cutoff shield? Clear or Fresnel lenses? Lens diameter? Are you CERTAIN that there is a model to replace the ~ $1000 factory HID headlight assemblies? How much is it? Somehow, I don't see folks swapping out their OEM HID's fer these - not with zero details and absolutely NO means to determine/verify what the output is like.

In short, Spyder is, as usual, feeding folks a bunch of obfuscating, incomplete, nonsensical psuedo-technobabble malarky, as most folks do not have a grasp on exactly what is involved and never look past the advertising BS or the *Bling*.

Here is the correct description of true projector optics ( refer to Darkangel's post a ways down in this long, detailed post ): http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/show...b-Crash-Course

The point of a headlight upgrade is to SEE better, is it not? In that regard this product is a solid Fail. Buyer beware, folks.

On a procedural note, why's this thread in the 'Dealer' section? Would it not be more appropo in either the 'Lighting & Illumination' , '2009-2014' or 'Other Aftermarket' forums? Just curious ....

/Feedback off.

Last edited by MGDfan; 11-14-2014 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 10:18 AM
I like them from a visual standpoint but. I'm so glad I asked about them before I bought them. Would have been just tossing money down the drain for the actual headlight improvement I was after.

Ryan.

Old 08-28-2015, 08:39 AM
Former Sponsor
Just a quick update on the Light bar DRL headlights for 2013-2014 F150.

Unfortunately the headlights for trucks equipped with halogen headlights are on backorder until early December.
However we do have in stock options for F150 trucks with stock xenon (HID) headlights.

If your truck is equipped with stock xenon headlights - we have a matching set of light bar DRL headlights for you!
Here is a link: Spyder® - Ford F-150 2014 Black Projector Headlights with Light Bar DRL

+ You keep your oem HID setup and get a nice looking headlight housing. This way you keep the great OEM light output!

Check out our YouTube video that shows these lights installed on a truck:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by carid; 08-28-2015 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi guys just a quick update on the headlights.

Our customers provided a couple of cool pictures of these U-Bar headlights installed on their F150 trucks.
Check out how they look in real life:

We still have a couple of sets in stocks, let me know if you need a quote and don't forget to include your zip!

Old 11-09-2015, 09:13 AM
Former Sponsor
Thanks for your comment MGDfan
...but there are many things that are represented not entirely correct.

Spyder is one of the leading aftermarket lighting brands in the USA. Their lights are DOT, SAE approved and compliant with FMVSS 108. Fully street legal and complaint with modern quality standards ISO 9000 and 9002.

Their booth at 2015 SEMA was pretty impressive and many truck customizes are using their products in their projects.

There are two versions of these headlights:

1. For models equipped with factory halogen headlights.
- You receive a complete headlights with high/low beam halogen bulbs that produce the same light output as the stock halogen headlights.

2. For models equipped with factory HID headlights.
With this option you save your OEM HID lights and simply insert them in the new headlight housing. This way you get your original light out put and upgraded appearance.
*Headlights for HID models come without bulbs so you could reuse your stock ones.

Some drivers retrofit OE HID systems on their trucks and order the HID type headlights to get the best light output.

These are probably the most popular F150 headlights on the market, and they definitely deserve to be #1.

Old 12-14-2015, 04:43 AM
Former Sponsor
A quick update on topic!

Halogen version of Spyder® - Black Projector Headlights with U-Bar DRL is back in stock and the price has been reduced!
They are now on sale!!! - click on the link in the original post above to view more details.

*it is possible to use an aftermarket HID conversion kit if you want to upgrade them to Xenon(HID).

Headlights for models with factory HID are out of stock. Estimated time arrival 3/14/16.

Please let me know if you need a quote, just provide me with your shipping zip and email address!

Old 01-01-2017, 01:45 PM
Originally Posted by carid
Hi guys just a quick update on the headlights.

Our customers provided a couple of cool pictures of these U-Bar headlights installed on their F150 trucks.
Check out how they look in real life:

We still have a couple of sets in stocks, let me know if you need a quote and don't forget to include your zip!

what are the lighting specs on the gray f150. I have a bone stock stx with halogen bulbs everywhere. Looking to have the same lighting (headlights and fogs) as the gray f150 pictured.

Old 01-03-2017, 08:25 AM
Former Sponsor
This guy is using Black U-bar Spyder projector headlights with diamond white HID lights. The fog lights are stock but upgraded with HID conversion kit to provide bright white light. Is your truck equipped with factory halogen or HID (xenon) bulbs in low/high beams?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The best looking headlights with built-in LED bars for your Ford F150 2014