Good Dealers, Post'em Here

Old 11-12-2001, 04:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Good and Bad Dealer

Woodhouse Ford - Blair Nebraska

My wife and I recently ordered a 2002 Lightning. This will be the 3rd vehicle her or I have purchased from Woodhouse. The last one was a 1998 F-150 4x4 Extended Cab. I leased Feb 1998 and returned Feb 2000. I was worried about returning a leased vehicle, because of all the horror stories I've read. When I dropped it off, it took 20 minutes for them to pull my paperwork, look the vehicle over and send me on my way. No pushing to lease another (We wanted to wait for a little while as we were building a new home). No tricks to pay for unknown damage. I take great care of my vehicles and they realized.

I have worked with Gary Mefferd on both F-150's and it has been a great experience. No pushing, he has taken time to walk me and my wife around the lot to look at all possible combinations of F-150 and when we said that we would decide after looking at other makes, he only response was "Thanks for giving me the time and chance to show you what I have". NO PRESSURE!

We decided to order the Lightning, but were unsure if they would accept the X-Plan. Gary called and said "No problem". We ordered the next day. We have not decided if we will trade out Xterra in or sell outright. In Nebraska, if you trade, then you don't pay tax on the trade in value. Hopefully we can get a good trade in price if we do.

I highly recommend Woodhouse and Gary Mefferd!

P.S.: Do not recommend HP Smith in Omaha, NE.
Would not speak to me while I was on their showroom floor. I was looking a a King Ranch model waiting for anyone to ask me if I needed help. I finally had to go to the receptionist (who was talkng to her mother on the phone and only spoke to me after I asked her for help). The first salesman came out and said he would be right back, but had to fax something, 5 minutes later a second salesman comes out and asks to help me. Sure! I started to explain to him when a customer comes in that called 5 minutes before I got there, so he had to help them.

The faxing salesman then came back out and I explained that I was looking at ordering a 2002 Lightning and could he help me. Stated that they were not taking orders yet, possibly early December, but would need a $2000 downpayment and no X-plan. They would only sell at MSRP. He asked if I would be interested in another truck, possibly something I could afford since I looked like I just got out of college. I informed him that I am 35, married, with a 2 year old. I have recently built a new house and am a managing insurance underwriter.

He tried to apologize as I walked out. The only reason that I went to HP Smith was to shop prices. I do this on everything I buy and in no way reflects on the service I have received from Woodhouse.

Sorry for the length, but wanted to vent! :cool

Old 11-24-2001, 11:41 AM
Chapman Ford - Northeast Philadelphia
Positive experience ordering new 2002 Supercrew

I just recently had a positive experience with our local Ford Dealer. Chapman Ford located in Northeast Phila.

I met and discussed a new Supercrew purchase with Tom Borah the Truck sales manager. I did quite a bit of research with Edmunds & KBB site's and had the data on hand. I handed the printed version of my options and Tom confirmned and configured the 2002 Screw. I utilized the X-Plan program and he provided the screen print of the Ford ordered system to explain the price calculation & the final cost. I deposited $500 down on 10/23/01.
I received a follow up call a week later with the VIN and a date of the week of Dec. 01 for delivery.
Well imagine my surprise when on November 19 , 2001 I received a call my Truck was in and being prepared fro me.
I arrived at the dealer and all the finance paperwork was complete for signing. At 0% interest its not to tough to work the math even when I was so anxious to see the new truck.
Bob Sock was great , a Sales Associate ,he covered the truck from top to bottom : opening doors,the hood, displaying oil & tranny dipstick,fuses and such. He covered the interior completely, seats, radio and features , alarm, fuel reset and more.

Tom Borah and Bob both saw me off into the sunset thet night.

At this point I would recommend them to family and friends for a new purchase no problem.

As a followup the dome light was burned out. I stopped in to service dept. the next day and with the bulb in my hand the service guys provided me a new one. Painless and quick. I hope any required service calls always go that well.

Old 11-29-2001, 06:52 PM
Thumbs up

Another vote for Sheehy Ford! I just bought a Lightning from them and they were right on the money with the money! Professional, fast, and no bs.

Old 12-01-2001, 12:23 AM
Thumbs up

Andy Mohr Ford in Plainfield, IN has given our family good experiences in regards to our first new vehicle purchase (10/98).

Dan Wood, the head Service Manager, has been a gentleman of his word. What few problems We had with our F-150 were promptly and accurately fixed right the first time.

Quality is Job 1, Customer is #1 with Dan @ Andy Mohr Ford!

Old 12-02-2001, 03:20 AM
Good Dealers???

Landers Ford in Collierville - Good
Dobbs Ford on Mt. Moriah - Semi Good
Dobbs Ford on Stage-- Not worth a ***** (Why, they ripped me off on my 2001 lightning that i had on hold for 6 months while it sat in their showroom with my $10,000 deposit to recieve it early they said but then they told me ford was not releasing them to the public when everyone else has theirs for a while, but they told me that if i wanted it that bad then i could pay a total of $43,782.83 TT&L)

so i went with the navigator.

Homer Skelton Ford in Olive Branch--- IMO they are the best dealer i have ever delt with.
if you live around memphis i would recommend you buy your next car from them.

I was 19 years old and the salesman there let me drive a brand new 2001 black lightning and told me to drive it like it was mine.
However i had already bought the Navigator and i wish now i hadnt cause the lightning was awesome, they are still a great dealer that will take care of you.

Old 12-18-2001, 08:06 PM
Thumbs up

IF YOUR IN ARKANSAS GO DIRECTLY TO

GILDNER AUTOPLEX
HWY 67 N
ARKADELPHIA ARKANSAS
870-246-6800
SALES REP DAVID BUCK

BOUGHT MY NEW 2OO2 F-150 THERE 2 WEEKS AGO
IT LISTED FOR $18500
I DROVE AWAY WITH A SMILE AT $13344
ONLY 1 HR LATER

IN THE TIME IT TOOK THEM TO GET MY PAPER WORK TOGETHER
AND TO GAS UP AND DETAIL THE TRUCK OUT, THEY INTRODUCED ME TO THE SERVICE DEPT, GAVE ME THEY DETAILS ON WHAT THEY WOULD DO FOR ME.

I CAN HONESTLY SAY ITS THE ONLY DEALERSHIP THAT I HAVE EVER TRUSTED THE WHOLE STAFF THERE. THANKS AGAIN TO DAVID BUCK AND THE GILDNER STAFF.

ERIC. C

Old 12-19-2001, 11:20 AM
Mathews Ford
Oregon, Ohio

yeap i drove an hour out of my way past who knows how many ford dealerships to buy from here.....my fam has just bought three trucks from here this year...i am very very finicky and they took care of me without a complaint.

Old 12-28-2001, 03:44 PM
Long-Lewis Ford - Hoover, Alabama.

I can highly recommend this dealership. They have a "One low price policy". The price is clearly marked on the window. Take it or leave it. They appraise your trade-in and will buy it from you for that amount even if you don't buy a vehicle from them. NO DOC FEES (read rip-off fee). In a nutshell, no games played here.

I purchased my Supercrew for invoice and then got a $1000 rebate. The saleslady ("Granny") worked very diligently to find the exact truck I wanted. They even sell the new Thunderbird at MSRP. When I visited another local Ford dealer, the were asking $15,000 over MSRP for a Thunderbird.

I am a former Honda fan and wished their dealers were as easy to work with.

Old 12-31-2001, 12:03 PM
I bought mine from Eastgate Ford in Hamilton Ontario. Go see Lance. He's the owners kid (25 YO) and eager to please and eager to create releationships (as he will be taking over soon).

Best price, midnight service available, parts counter and warehouse thats so big they supply the other Ford-Merc dealers in the area. They also sell and service Ford Heavy/Sterling trucks so they have a medium and heavy service department to take your Powerstroke to.

Old 12-31-2001, 12:11 PM
Stevinson Ford in Denver, bought my SD there. Sales guy, I cant remember his name to save my life, really worked hard to find the exact truck I wanted. Actually had to have it shipped in from SLC and did not charge me any thing for them shipping it in there. I got a very good deal with out having to argue and feel like I was in a friggen interogation. Really seemed like a good dealership. I left CO a month later so never had to use them for service so dont know how they are in that aspect of business.

Randy

Old 01-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Thumbs up

Karcz Ford in Pulaski, WI is great. Ok, your asking where the hell is Pulaski? Located 15 minutes west of Green Bay. There are two other Ford dealers in the Green Bay area. Neither of whom I will do buisness with. Karcz has always treated us fairly. They are willing to deal, and service is excellent. Just my $.02, and first post to this board.

Doug

Old 01-06-2002, 10:34 PM
Texan Ford - Katy Texas. I have bought two quality F-150's from them and have beed treated excellent. Great service department also. Kudo's to David Cooke - Sales Manager and Pete Goss in fleet sales.

Old 01-12-2002, 08:20 PM
Wink Holman Ford in Glassboro, NJ

Holman Ford in Glassbor, NJ - See Bob Johnson

This is a fine dealership. They gave me the most for my trade and sold the truck for the cheapest.

I went to:

Chevrolet of Turnersville - they were OK, just a bit expensive.
RK Chevrolet - A good dealership. Just a bit too expensive.
Gary Barbara Dodge - Slime *****. All kinds of distractions and
crap. They gave me food and had a hot girl and all. Offered
me 7500$ for my trade (I got $11,000).

Old 01-22-2002, 09:39 PM
Ford Dealer in Tampa, Fl

Need the name of a Ford Dealer in the Tampa area that has earned a reputation for good and honest service. Would appreciate any insight on locating a dealer.

Old 01-23-2002, 07:41 PM
In Delaware, the home of tax free shopping I highly recommend Chapman Ford on Kirkwood Highway.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Good Dealers, Post'em Here