Diagnostics port

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2015, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Diagnostics port

Hopefully someone can help.
I have a 2003 f150. We got a drivewise connector from our insurance company and when I connect it to the diagnostics port the fuse lights up. When I disconnect the drivewise the light turns off. My cigarette lighter works, but the drivewise will not turn on.
Anyone have any Ideas?

Old 08-02-2015, 08:50 PM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
"the fuse lights up"

Let me get this straight, the FUSE lights up? If so then you have a shorted "drivewise" connector!!!! It's drawing enough current to make the fuse glow but not enough to blow it. And congradulations! You may have already melted the insulation of some of your trucks wiring. So be sure and let us know how much All**** gives you for your participation in their scam!

Personally I would never submit to having one of those pieces of spy equipment on any of my vehicles. The fact that your's obviously defective is just more evidence of what an unreliable POS they are!

Some reading for you http://blog.vec.com/2012/01/30/revie...ive-wise-fail/

If you need proof, pull the fuse out and connect an amp meter across the two contacts in the fuse holder and operate the vehicle like you do when you see the fuse glowing. Make sure that your meter is rated for about double of what the fuse is rated at. Most likely, you'll find that the circuit is drawing MORE than what the fuse is rated at. Fuses will carry that amount of current for a short time. How long depends on the fuse type, i.e, "fast blow", "slow blow", etc.

Quick Reply: Diagnostics port