SCT X4: Canned vs. Custom tune

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 12:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SCT X4: Canned vs. Custom tune

Got my custom tunes last week and installed, tunes are below, I installed the 87 performance:
87 Performance with Street trans
87 Performance with Chill trans
91 Performance with Street trans

I originally had the 87 canned tune installed, only thing I modified was the gear ratio to 3:73 and the shifts points all to +25%. It seems that the canned tune I modified had the truck shifting better and gave more performance, better gas mileage too.

I guess I'll try the 91 performance tune when the tanks is empty, but I was a bit surprised. I'm planning on emailing the tuner at MPT who created my custom tunes. Has anyone had this experience????

Last edited by LUCC; 07-28-2015 at 12:38 PM.
Old 07-28-2015, 02:18 PM
Former Sponsor
You should definitely send us an email in reply to the one with your tunes, so we can get this resolved. We want to make sure you are satisfied with your tunes. The sooner we get it, the sooner we can get to work on it.

Thanks!

Old 07-28-2015, 04:30 PM
Working with MPT, great customer service. Hopefully we will get this straightened out as all the reviews on the custom tunes are positive and most state the custom tune blows away the canned tunes.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:20 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Guaranteed they will take care of you! I will never go to another company, Customer service is top notch and the tunes are awesome

Old 09-26-2015, 11:43 AM
SCT X4 Costumer

WARNING!!!!! Recently I used my tuner to return to stock mode and my engine started turning over without me fully turning the key clockwise. Now i have an engine light that wont go away and a truck that will not start or communicate with the SCT X4 tuner. Ford Dealership was unable to reprogram my PCM and now Im stuck with a unreliable 500 dollar SCT X4 Tuner and the cost of a new PCM and another 100 to reflash the used pcm by the dealership. For a grand total of a lost weekend a pissed off wife two screaming kids 900 dollars and one unsatisfied SCT costumer. Unable to return the sct past 30 days of purchase.

Old 10-05-2015, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Guaranteed they will take care of you! I will never go to another company, Customer service is top notch and the tunes are awesome

I second that. They are awesome and customer service is incredible. Fast response time and very informative with questions you have.

Quick Reply: SCT X4: Canned vs. Custom tune