Programmer Help

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2015, 05:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Programmer Help

I have recently moved from Florida to Colorado and noticed my truck was running very poorly with the custom tunes from Troyer Performance with my SCT ECalibrator. Since they are now out of business, can any one help me with making some adjustments? One other issues is gas octane is lower in Colorado than it is in Florida. Any help would be appreciated.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:50 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
Because you're at a higher altitude, you don't really need the anti-knock properties of 87 octane gas. 85 octane at 5-6000 ft is equivalent to 87 at sea level. This is because your actual cylinder pressure is lower now since the cylinder volume has not changed. Your engine is still operating at a 10.5:1 compression ratio, but you are taking less air (and fuel) in on the compression stroke due to the higher altitude.

Now, Troyer MAY have adjusted your tunes to operate best near sea level. If that is the case, you can probably get better performance by having a tuner recalibrate your tunes for your new environment, but, it WILL NOT give you the same power you had at sea level since you have less air and fuel working on each power stroke.

I believe PHP, 5-Star and MPT are all tuners who could adjust the custom tunes in your SCT device. They are reputable tuners who are respected on this forum.

- Jack

Quick Reply: Programmer Help