Performance packages?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Performance packages?

I was going to order a package from Troyer but I see that they are going through a terrible time right now. Does anyone else offer a package similar to the Stage 2 or 3 from Troyer? I should add it is a 1999 with the 4.6

Last edited by magnum77; 01-27-2015 at 05:23 PM.
Old 01-27-2015, 07:43 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by magnum77
I was going to order a package from Troyer but I see that they are going through a terrible time right now. Does anyone else offer a package similar to the Stage 2 or 3 from Troyer? I should add it is a 1999 with the 4.6

So ye wants a collection o' go-fast parts wif a discount, all tied together wif some great custom tunin' via an SCT dee-vice, aight?

Best bet is to contact one er more o' these fine supported vendors and see whut'all they's kin put t'gether fer yall:

My first choice is th' top one:

www.morepowertuning.com
www.5startuning.com
www.vmptuning.com
www.gopowerhungry.com

g'luck thar, dude!

Old 01-27-2015, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not necessarily looking to go fast, if I was I wouldn't be trying to do it with this truck, lol. My dad bought the truck new and it has been a very reliable truck, just gutless. I have a 2014 F150 with the 5.0 that is pretty stout for a 4 wheel drive truck though. I am looking to use this truck for hunting and what not. It has 185,000 miles or so on it and I am afraid to turn the wick up too much on it. It has always been serviced with Motorcraft oil and filters, he always used Motorcraft parts whenever he did anything to it. It is time to give it a tune up and I was thinking about upgrading the coils and wires to Accel and the plugs to the Denso iridium. I also thought about doing underdrive pulleys and electric fans to free up a little parasitic loss there. I know the most bang for the buck would be a tuner. I just made up my mind to do a few things to it and got to searching last night and saw the packages from Troyer and thought that for the money that would be the way to go. Then when I tried to call I got a no longer in service message and got to searching again and read that Mike was going through some health problems so I figured I would join here and ask for advice. I don't even know if I posted in the right section.

Old 01-27-2015, 10:48 PM
glc
Received 756 Likes on 702 Posts
Use OEM parts for your tuneup. "High performance" aftermarket parts won't do anything for you that you can notice. Motorcraft plugs and wires are as good as any and the coil packs seldom go bad. The reliability of the aftermarket parts is not as good as Motorcraft.

Get a SCT x4 programmer with CUSTOM tunes from one of the mentioned vendors, I know MGD prefers MPT.

Pulleys and fans if you must, but it's not money well spent unless you are doing some serious mods to go along with them.

GEARS will also make a huge difference, especially if you lift it and/or use oversize tires. In a 4x4 that gets expensive unless you are experienced with setting up diff gears yourself.

Old 01-28-2015, 11:46 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
X2 on what MGD said. Both MPT and 5 star are great companies to deal with.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:49 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Especially spark plugs....don't use anything but motorcraft. F150s are picky with their spark plugs. Most of the time, a different brand will cause misfires. Oil and filters isn't a big deal....i had a k&n intake on my 08 V6 and was using mobil1 extended performance oil and filter and was going about 10k between changes and was using motorcraft oil and filter from new til 6k (1 change) then went with mobil1 at 6k and it was fine. I went 10k most of the time and 12k once before changing. Only thing I noticed was the oil telling me it was getting old because my gas mileage would go down a little.

Last edited by timmypstyle; 01-28-2015 at 09:55 PM.
Old 01-29-2015, 11:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Gears
2. Custom 93 octane tune from MPT!

Old 02-09-2015, 10:01 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would go 93 and 87 performance tune just in case gas goes up again...it will probably be a little different but you can still enjoy a tune while using 87 if you don't want to pay for 93 all the time.

Quick Reply: Performance packages?