So I have this problem with my truck and Evo CTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 02:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I have this problem with my truck and Evo CTS

I've got a 2000 Expedition EB, Gotts mod, intake silencer delete, Edge Evolution CTS. This happens with any tune.

Old 08-25-2014, 11:28 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
OK, I'll bite. Can you just TELL us what the problem is?

- Jack

Old 08-28-2014, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by JackandJanet
OK, I'll bite. Can you just TELL us what the problem is?

- Jack
It won't tune. Every time I do the key off/on sequence, nothing happens, no module unlocking or anything. Worked fine on my co-workers 03 F-150 supercrew 5.4, basically the same truck, worked fine on mom's 07 Yukon, but will not work with mine. Gauges on it work though, and diagnosing codes also works.

Old 08-29-2014, 04:37 PM
Global Moderator &

Originally Posted by manlavi95
It won't tune. Every time I do the key off/on sequence, nothing happens, no module unlocking or anything. Worked fine on my co-workers 03 F-150 supercrew 5.4, basically the same truck, worked fine on mom's 07 Yukon, but will not work with mine. Gauges on it work though, and diagnosing codes also works.
OkyDoky - Try updating the software and firmware using Edge's Fusion application. You can download Fusion from the Edge website here: http://edgeproducts.com/updates/

I'm actually surprised that it worked on a Yukon. My "admittedly limited" knowledge of the devices is that they are designed for a particular make/model of a vehicle. I would not have expected a Ford F150 CTS to work on a GMC product. Possibly, using it on the Yukon corrupted the firmware.

I'm assuming you returned BOTH of the other trucks to stock before you removed the CTS from them?

If that doesn't fix things, call Edge Tech Support. If you're lucky, you'll get someone who knows what he's doing.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 08-29-2014 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:30 AM
OkyDoky - Try updating the software and firmware using Edge's Fusion application. You can download Fusion from the Edge website here: http://edgeproducts.com/updates/

I'm actually surprised that it worked on a Yukon. My "admittedly limited" knowledge of the devices is that they are designed for a particular make/model of a vehicle. I would not have expected a Ford F150 CTS to work on a GMC product. Possibly, using it on the Yukon corrupted the firmware.

I'm assuming you returned BOTH of the other trucks to stock before you removed the CTS from them?

If that doesn't fix things, call Edge Tech Support. If you're lucky, you'll get someone who knows what he's doing.

- Jack
Just for clarification, I tried it on mine first, didn't work. Called Edge, they went through the Fusion procedure and found nothing wrong with the unit itself, told me to try it on another vehicle to make sure it isn't the unit, tried it on mom's Yukon, worked fine, and AWESOME, put it back to stock, tried it on a coworker's 03 F-150 supercrew, worked fine, put it back to stock, and it still won't work on mine. Called Power Hungry Performance, told them my situation, and they said they'd trade it out for an SCT Livewire TS. I'm just afraid that I'll send this one it, get the Livewire, and it still won't work.

Old 08-30-2014, 11:34 AM
Global Moderator &

Who did you buy this unit from? If it was PHP, they stand behind the products they sell. If the Livewire doesn't work, they'll either fix it or refund your money.

Or, you could always give/sell the unit to your Mom or the friend with the F150, since they have good luck with it.

Edit: There's one other possibility - your battery may be weak in your truck. If you have a battery charger, put it on the battery and leave it connected while you try to program the PCM. The programmer steps up the battery voltage to 18V to "unlock" the PCM for programming. If it can't reach that voltage, it can't do its work. Also, make sure EVERYTHING in the truck is off (lights, radio, AC blower, interior lights, etc.) for the same reason, since they all reduce the available voltage.

- Jack

Last edited by JackandJanet; 08-30-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:22 AM
Who did you buy this unit from? If it was PHP, they stand behind the products they sell. If the Livewire doesn't work, they'll either fix it or refund your money.

Or, you could always give/sell the unit to your Mom or the friend with the F150, since they have good luck with it.

Edit: There's one other possibility - your battery may be weak in your truck. If you have a battery charger, put it on the battery and leave it connected while you try to program the PCM. The programmer steps up the battery voltage to 18V to "unlock" the PCM for programming. If it can't reach that voltage, it can't do its work. Also, make sure EVERYTHING in the truck is off (lights, radio, AC blower, interior lights, etc.) for the same reason, since they all reduce the available voltage.

- Jack
Finally something to go off of, I'll go home tomorrow and test that charger theory.

Quick Reply: So I have this problem with my truck and Evo CTS