OK, lets talk EcoBoost tunes....

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2014, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK, lets talk EcoBoost tunes....

We may be a little late to the EcoBoost party, but we plan to crash the party and make an impact

We've been hard at work on developing our tunes for the 11-14 EcoBoost F150 applications. So far, feedback from our Beta testers has been great. Both were previously tuned with other devices/tunes and have not looked back since leaving here.

Typically, developing tunes for a new application is a pretty straightforward deal, but the Ecoboost F150 presents some unique differences in that owners have a wide range of uses, from daily driving, hauling loads, towing stuff, and even racing. This means people are looking for a wide range of tunes, to cover all their needs. My goal here is to hear from you, the consumers, what it is you desire in an EcoBoost tuner.

I have been following the countless custom tune reviews and thread discussions, and have seen that making power seems to be the easy part, and it usually is. Making power consistently seems to be an issue, and we seem to have nailed that. Perhaps the biggest single thing to consider is driveability, as nobody wants a rocket ship that is no fun at part throttle, and we have focused quite a bit of time there. The payoff is in perfect part throttle manners, predictable boost transitions, and excellent shift characteristics.

I'd love to hear what you guys like about your current tunes, and what you wish could be improved or changed, so we can make sure we bring to market what you are looking for

Thanks!

Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wish I had an eco so i could contribute. Love to see the tuners come on these boards and converse with customers!

Old 05-14-2014, 12:40 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by cheef
Wish I had an eco so i could contribute. Love to see the tuners come on these boards and converse with customers!
Yeah, I was hoping for a little more feedback by now

I'm patient

Old 05-14-2014, 01:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, it's been nearly a year (or more) I thought possibly you had moved on and begun doing tunes for the International Space Station.........................
That being said..I could want a tune for mileage, towing and a little more power.
Is your tuner going to have switchable tunes? Will it be safe and not overspool the turbos? Yes, I am serious.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:12 PM
Former Sponsor
Yes, there will be several tunes to choose from, based on different octane ratings and for Towing.

We keep all the factory safety limitations in place, although raised/increased to acceptable levels, to make sure there are no overboost or dangerous situations.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2014, 02:37 PM
Mike, what the ETA for your tuner? I don't own one currently but I have for other trucks in the past. Myself I'm interested in mileage improvements over power, but it is nice knowing that there will be tunes for specific applications.

Old 05-14-2014, 02:48 PM
Former Sponsor
I hate trying to give ETAs, as it usually bites me in the butt, however I feel pretty safe saying we're 4-6 weeks from a release at this point.

Just got some more feedback from one of our local testers:

the truck drives and feels REALLY GOOD !
the 1-2 shift is awesome under power
its actually going side ways, the truck has never done that. even with the (custom tune name removed) higher boost tune

We have another 2013 in here now. This truck has never been tuned yet. Customer will pick it up Friday with the 87 tune loaded, and I will share his thoughts on it when he has had a chance to spend some time with it as well.

Thanks

Old 05-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DiabloMike
I hate trying to give ETAs, as it usually bites me in the butt, however I feel pretty safe saying we're 4-6 weeks from a release at this point.
Glad to hear that, DM! I've been eyeballing several of these over the recent past...

Old 05-14-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 33 Posts
I imagine people will love it. Still loving my 87 performance on my '04 5.4

Old 05-14-2014, 09:42 PM
Thanks for the work DM,
I had a superchip for my 98 f150 4.6 but took it out because of the price difference from premium to regular gas. i would like something that uses regular and increases mpg if that is possible. i tow a camp trailer, jet ski and quads, but most driving is around town. The in town mpg avg. is ummmmm welllllll if ya keep a light foot it's not bad, 13-16, but that's with a feather foot. 6-8 while boosted ))))
i just got my 2013 SC EB 4x4 XLT last week and love it. I am still keeping an eye out for issues with it on this board but it looks like my truck with a build date of 08/13 hasn't had many.
I just ordered the K&N intake system (and lots of other goodies) so the programmer would be used on a motor with a few bolt on upgrades.
thanks again for the work on the EB,
chuck

Old 05-15-2014, 12:29 PM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by ChuckGreen
Thanks for the work DM,
I had a superchip for my 98 f150 4.6 but took it out because of the price difference from premium to regular gas. i would like something that uses regular and increases mpg if that is possible. i tow a camp trailer, jet ski and quads, but most driving is around town. The in town mpg avg. is ummmmm welllllll if ya keep a light foot it's not bad, 13-16, but that's with a feather foot. 6-8 while boosted ))))
i just got my 2013 SC EB 4x4 XLT last week and love it. I am still keeping an eye out for issues with it on this board but it looks like my truck with a build date of 08/13 hasn't had many.
I just ordered the K&N intake system (and lots of other goodies) so the programmer would be used on a motor with a few bolt on upgrades.
thanks again for the work on the EB,
chuck
Thanks for the feedback.
We're working on the 87 tune as I type this, and then moving to the Tow tune. Looks like the tow tune will be about 50 rwhp/50 ft-lbs better than stock, which will help for sure.

I'm hoping to hear back from our testers on how their mileage is with the tunes, but I know its going to take a while for them to settle down and stop mashing the boost pedal to feel their newfound power

We're also planning an MPG booster tune like we do for most other truck applications, which will not be designed for any power gains, but will optimize mileage for road trips, etc.

Thanks

Old 05-16-2014, 10:22 AM
I can't wait to oick up my truck from Diablo today !!!!!!

Old 05-16-2014, 10:45 AM
Former Sponsor
Originally Posted by The OUTLAW
I can't wait to oick up my truck from Diablo today !!!!!!
I can't wait to hear what you think of it after you spend the weekend with it

Old 05-16-2014, 03:19 PM
Former Sponsor
The OUTLAW just picked up his truck. He told me he might not be in touch until Monday as he had a busy weekend, but he found a minute to email me just now:

DUDE !!!!!!!!

WOW !!!!!!!!!

Off the chain .

THANK YOU
Ralph

Thats just the canned 87 tune

Old 05-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Former Sponsor
Looking forward to the release of your F-150 EcoBoost tune updates to the inTune & Trinity

Quick Reply: OK, lets talk EcoBoost tunes....