1995 OBD1 Code Reset and Definition List

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 03:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1995 OBD1 Code Reset and Definition List

Hello,

My cousin purchased a 1995 F150 5-6 years ago and stated the Check Engine light came on momentarily 3 days ago. It went off and has not appeared since. She has always thought this truck was a 1996, so I took my OBD II reader and after not being able to find the diagnostic link under the dash, I checked her registration card and told her she has a 1995.

I search here and youtube and found the way to receive the codes. I got (if I did it correctly) a 121 and 565 code. I also tried to reset the computer and then check later if the CE light reappeared as who knows how long 1 or both codes have been present. On this site, and others, I tried thrice to reset the computer. After each try, I still get the same two codes.

1. Disconnected ground cable from battery, first for 10 minutes, then for 1.5 hours. Lost clock and radio preset memory.

2. Disconnected ground cable from battery and touched to + cable for 2 minutes. Again lost clock and radio preset memory.

3. Disconnected the jumper wire used for diagnostic connection whilst KOEO diagnostic was in operation.

Questions:

A. Am I not reseting the computer as I still get the same two codes? I understand I should get an "11". What else can I do?

B. Can someone point me to the code definitions? I found on this site a list for the 2 digit codes, bit not the 3 digit ones. There are two to three posts, but the links are dead.

Thanks!

Old 05-10-2014, 03:58 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts

Quick Reply: 1995 OBD1 Code Reset and Definition List