SCT X4 Tuner

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 03:58 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JMcQuick
74 HP and 124 Ft Lb's of Tq is plenty for my daily driver, and I am seeing 4 MPG's with the canned tune. I dont need a "custom tune" for my driver I dont race Vin Diesel on the weekends, but the best part about "canned tunes" is when I took it to the dealer and they flashed the PCM, I was not hunting down the tuner to take a week to get me more tunes because the device didnt support the new PCM update. I just plugged it in my pc and updated it in 5 min and was back in business. I understand the need for custom tunes but my f150 driver is not one of them. My lightning is another story.
Ye runnin' Canned on an EB?

Sorry - that's just plain dumb ...https://www.f150online.com/forums/v6...rod-today.html

I noticed ye totally avoided the value equation that was my main point - nor did ye seem to grasp that the tune turnaround is only 3 days or less, AND that an MPT-tuned X4 has both custom and canned files on it.

Why the Fekk would anyone pay MORE fer LESS?
- For tunes that are Not fully Strategy-matched?
- For NO possibility of datalogging review and fine-tuning ( inlcuded in the price!)?
- From an outfit with no fekkin' clue
- From an outfit that cares not a whit aboot you?

That's dumb too. Exceedingly so - sorry, no way to sugarcoat it - suck it up.

MPT's exemplary, responsive, EXPERT support is a very nice added bonus. And That's included in the danged price as well!

Yer argument has no merit -yer blind assumptions dangerous. Yer reference to ye Lightning irrelevant and pointless.

Y'know - I'd suggest to you to call them to discuss (or even PM our MPT Rep), but I fear yer too close-minded, so I won't

Jeebus H. W. Chrispy .... ye poor truck ....

MGD out.

Last edited by MGDfan; 02-20-2015 at 04:08 PM.
Old 02-20-2015, 06:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
74 HP and 124 Ft Lb's of Tq from a CANNED tune????

Old 02-20-2015, 10:46 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by JMcQuick
74 HP and 124 Ft Lb's of Tq is plenty for my daily driver, and I am seeing 4 MPG's with the canned tune. I dont need a "custom tune" for my driver I dont race Vin Diesel on the weekends, but the best part about "canned tunes" is when I took it to the dealer and they flashed the PCM, I was not hunting down the tuner to take a week to get me more tunes because the device didnt support the new PCM update. I just plugged it in my pc and updated it in 5 min and was back in business. I understand the need for custom tunes but my f150 driver is not one of them. My lightning is another story.
JMcCrack-pipe,

Ere ye kin ta KMA-Crack-pipe?

Lemme aks ye sumptin. What octane rating are you runnin' in yer Ecoboost? (Yes, this is a test)

What makes you think custom tunin' is necessary fer yer Lightning but not the Ecoboost? (Also a test)

Old 02-27-2015, 07:50 AM
Just loaded the X4 into my truck yesterday and the transmission feel and response was noticeable. I only have the canned tune, but custom tunes coming next week. I can only imagine the difference next week.

Quick Reply: SCT X4 Tuner