Edge EVO HT #16060 Tuner for my 2012 Ecoboost

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2012, 06:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge EVO HT #16060 Tuner for my 2012 Ecoboost

I just got my Edge EVO HT #16060 Tuner for my 2012 Ecoboost today. I had a Edge with Attitude on my Chevy Duramax Diesel for quite some time and had zero problems with it, so I thought I'd try an Edge for the Ecoboost.

I really didn't want another set of gauges on my dash so I went for the hand held tuner. It installed the tune very easily and I set it on the "87 octane economy tune" as it is supposed to be able to tow up to a 6000 lb. trailer on 87 octane which is just about were I will be loaded when RV'ing. Since I'm not interested in squeezing out the last drop of power I'll likely leave it at that setting all the time. I see absolutely now difference in how the truck operates except it is quite a bit faster zero to 80 MPH. What affect if will have on gas mileage is an unknown at this time. Maybe none I suspect, but when you spend a lot on a truck another 50 H.P. or so for the price of a tuner is a good deal! I also like having a code read available. So far so good!

My only complaint is that I can't download updates with a Macintosh Computer! Come on Edge get with it.... the finest minds use Macs! I'll have to use my son's PC if I need to download a tune... which I probably won't ever do!

Thought I let you guys know about my experience. Sorry if I irritate any sponsors, but no one pays my bills but me! I'm sure the sponsor's products are great for someone that wants the last bit of power out of their engine. Heck, I only use 87 octane gas economy tune and I've got a Supercharged Mustang for scooting around town if I want to scare myself! My heavy 2012 Screw is pretty quick now too fro a senior citizen! LOL!

Quick Reply: Edge EVO HT #16060 Tuner for my 2012 Ecoboost