Diablosport vs. Superchip

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2001, 01:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mike

That cleared it up. I can definately feel the difference after a computer reset. I just wish that part of its adaptive strategy kept the maximum performance strategy for full throttle situations. Might make for an interesting test though. Go to the track and get a couple of ETs. Then do the reset and see if what I am feeling performancewise is real or not. So the workaround would be to reset my computer and then spend more time at full throttle

Old 08-24-2001, 04:30 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi LocoScrew,

No, it's not your imagination, there can be some difference there, though it's not a "big" difference, a max of about 2%.

In fact, that was one of the "examples" we used to talk about when discussing some of the potential effects of the adaptive strategy.

The example we used was, if you take a pair of identical trucks, one of which has not been doing any towing or heavy load work like that, and the other that has been doing heavy towing recently, and the one that's been doing that heavy towing can have up to 2% more power, thanks to those adaptive strategy adjustments. So it's not a "lot", but some people have commented on this, saying they felt that the vehicle felt stronger after having done some heavy towing for a while.

Now of course, we don't know how much of those comments simply come from the fact that after they disconnect the load being towed, the vehicle feels like a rocketship by comparison anyway, just because all those tons of weight being towed out back are gone, but we do know that the adaptive strategy can give you a small amount more power under those circumstances. And, as you have also probably noticed, when you don't do towing for awhile, that little bit extra goes away.

Have a great weekend!

Old 08-24-2001, 04:39 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Explorer,

OK, I'm glad to hear it.

And yes, you're exactly right, the only "cures" for this is to either do a re-set of the ECU, and/or drop the hammer, so to speak.

You might have noticed LocoScrew's post just before this where he mentions being able to feel a bit more poer after having done some towing, that's another example of adaptive strategy at work.

Old 08-25-2001, 11:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One Other Thing to Consider

The Superchip is on the California CARB website as an approved aftermarket product but the Diablo is no where to be found.

http://www.arb.ca.gov/aftermkt/aftermkt.exe

Old 08-25-2001, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi BeastRider,

Exactly correct, good point!

I think we may see that change in time, but for today, Diablo does not have the CARB certification.

Quick Reply: Diablosport vs. Superchip