Edge evo dead?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2012, 10:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge evo dead?

I'm looking at buying a used Edge Evo for my 04-08MY Truck. The story the guy gave me was he rolled the truck and removed it. However the truck wouldn't turn on after he rolled it. I asked if it was VIN locked he had no idea what I was talking about. I asked if he had it on power levels- and he again had no idea what that was. I doubt he ever used it to tune. Either way I could not get it to come on. I tried it on two different trucks and nothing happens. Not once does it even blink on. I checked fuses of course, and tried reseating cables etc etc. I have not bought it yet but I have told him to download the software and plug it into USB port. Any ideas?

Old 01-01-2012, 11:19 PM
STAY AWAY FROM IT!!!!!! There are many other alternatives to tuning your truck. I am also not going to start bashing Edge Products. If he did not have it set to anything other than stock, then what was it doing in the truck? It is locked now and broken. I sold a used Edge Evolution but you have to return the stock program files to the truck first.

Old 01-01-2012, 11:56 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
You can have an Edge in the truck just for the gauges and not have one of the canned tunes loaded. However, that is highly unlikely, plus, it sounds as if it was damaged in the rollover. I would not pay any money for it.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:16 AM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
You can have an Edge in the truck just for the gauges and not have one of the canned tunes loaded. However, that is highly unlikely, plus, it sounds as if it was damaged in the rollover. I would not pay any money for it.
x2 stay away

Old 01-02-2012, 12:21 PM
10-4. I will stay away. Sucks cause I had him down from 190 to 100..... I will look someplace else. I like the edge cause it's dual purpose- tuner and gauges. Do I think it's the best out there? NO. It looks nice in the pod though...
Thanks guys!

Old 01-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Just my 2 cents worth in this case. There are a lot of other ways to program your truck. Do a search on this or any other Ford truck forum and look around before you make a decision. You can PM me if you want and I will explain.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:45 PM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by novsun88
10-4. I will stay away. Sucks cause I had him down from 190 to 100..... I will look someplace else. I like the edge cause it's dual purpose- tuner and gauges. Do I think it's the best out there? NO. It looks nice in the pod though...
Thanks guys!
the Edge "Evo" is a canned tuning device

the gryphon is an Edge Evo on steroids (aka custom tuned)

the best one with the "guages" in my opinion is the SCT livewire

Quick Reply: Edge evo dead?