Lookin like a newb

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lookin like a newb

Hey guys, I currently have an edge evolution but due to the fact that I run a procharger I can not use the pre-loaded tunes on it. I have found a SCT livewire #9600 for sale used for $250 and I was wondering if I could use that programmer to get custom tunes written for my truck? I have been running stock timing and I had my shift points firmed up, but no actual custom tuning. I just put a built trans into my truck, and I have been told that it would be worth the time to look into making a lil more PSI out of my procharger and getting my truck custom tuned. I talked to MOORE motosports here in San Antonio and they quoted me a lil over $500 to buy a tuner from them and get a tune made. I would rather take my own programmer if thats possible. Sorry for sounding like a newb, but I was not getting anything with search. Here is a link to the programmer.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/2203886972.html

Old 02-11-2011, 01:28 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Are they still making gryphon conversions for the evo?

Old 02-11-2011, 01:31 AM
Originally Posted by Buxton91
Unfortunately, they do not offer that service any more . That would have been my first choice, but they stopped doing it. I would like to be able to have my custom tunes in my edge. I also need a new place to mount my edge.. gauge pod is too big to mount it in the pod thingy that they give you.

I would buy this SCT if I knew for sure that I could use it for my custom tunes. I would just put the tune in and then I will keep the edge for MPG's, ECHT's, etc etc.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:32 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Not the basic evo for 97-03 only the cs and cts

Old 02-11-2011, 01:41 AM
did they use to convert the edge evo into a gryphon? I have an xcal2 and thinking about switching to the edge as I want the built in gauges BUT I am not going to use "canned" tunes. I will prob call PHP and see what they say my options...if there is anyway I could use your edge maybe we could setup a trade...

Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by b2therad
Unfortunately, they do not offer that service any more . That would have been my first choice, but they stopped doing it. I would like to be able to have my custom tunes in my edge. I also need a new place to mount my edge.. gauge pod is too big to mount it in the pod thingy that they give you.

I would buy this SCT if I knew for sure that I could use it for my custom tunes. I would just put the tune in and then I will keep the edge for MPG's, ECHT's, etc etc.
Yeah i knew they didn't sell them anymore, but wasn't sure about the conversion.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:44 AM
Originally Posted by mxr181
did they use to convert the edge evo into a gryphon? I have an xcal2 and thinking about switching to the edge as I want the built in gauges BUT I am not going to use "canned" tunes. I will prob call PHP and see what they say my options...if there is anyway I could use your edge maybe we could setup a trade...
You used to be able to get a conversion. They dont do it any longer. The only way you will be able to get the built in guages is to buy a gryphon or just use an edge that way that I do. I have it double side taped to my dash . I want a programmer for custom tunes though. Guess ill just get the SCT

Old 02-11-2011, 01:45 AM
If you want custom tunes, sounds like you need to go with the cs or cts.

Old 02-11-2011, 01:48 AM
I dont even know what cs or cts means.. I know nothing about programmers other than you can adjust stuff with them and upload tunes. Other than that..

Old 02-11-2011, 01:51 AM
They are what edge came out with to replace the old evolutions and they are SWEET!

Old 02-11-2011, 01:57 AM
I need a link or something. I have no idea what those are

Old 02-11-2011, 02:13 AM

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by b2therad
Hey guys, I currently have an edge evolution but due to the fact that I run a procharger I can not use the pre-loaded tunes on it. I have found a SCT livewire #9600 for sale used for $250 and I was wondering if I could use that programmer to get custom tunes written for my truck? I have been running stock timing and I had my shift points firmed up, but no actual custom tuning. I just put a built trans into my truck, and I have been told that it would be worth the time to look into making a lil more PSI out of my procharger and getting my truck custom tuned. I talked to MOORE motosports here in San Antonio and they quoted me a lil over $500 to buy a tuner from them and get a tune made. I would rather take my own programmer if thats possible. Sorry for sounding like a newb, but I was not getting anything with search. Here is a link to the programmer.

http://sanantonio.craigslist.org/pts/2203886972.html
as long as it's unlocked YES it will work

Old 02-11-2011, 02:14 AM

If you want custom tunes, sounds like you need to go with the cs or cts.
so what's wrong with sct products???

Old 02-11-2011, 02:17 AM

if you've already got the livelink and stuff, might as well stick with the SCT Livewire

Old 02-11-2011, 02:22 AM
Originally Posted by tarajerame
as long as it's unlocked YES it will work
I was hoping you would step in and make some sense of it. I will call the guy tomorrow then. $250 seems like a pretty good price considering everywhere else I see them for $400 or so.

Quick Reply: Lookin like a newb