Pats Theft system

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 06:46 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Its fixed yay

Well just got the truck back from ford and they were able to reprogram it. Now just have to get ahold of edge to see when they will reimburse me for the towing and dealership bill, and to see when they are going to send me a new evo and cable. Its super hard to get ahold of anyone at edge. I left a message friday afternoon and never got a call back and then again this morning and no one has called me back. Hope they are just busy and not trying to ignore me since all this has happened. Oh well its all looking good. One quick question , has there been any problems with the new cable for the 97-03 f150? Cause i really dont want to go threw this again anytime soon.4 1/2 days without my truck was very bad

Last edited by KingRanchCoy; 06-21-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think just got a bad tech support guy, when my battery died during a reflash the tech guy i had, got me up and running in under an hour, and there is no reason they can't recover your tune via the fusion software.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:05 PM
Originally Posted by JimmysotherFORD
i think just got a bad tech support guy, when my battery died during a reflash the tech guy i had, got me up and running in under an hour, and there is no reason they can't recover your tune via the fusion software.
the reason the couldnt do it with fusion is because my cable was giving us problems, thats the reason they sent me the stock writer and for some reason the stock writer triggered the pats system.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:21 PM
let me rephrase this, there is no reason they couldn't let you keep your truck on what ever level it was on while you send in your edge, and then they could pull your stock file off that edge and put it on the new edge and flag it as if it were a remote recovery, then when you get your new edge and plug it in it acts just like a remote recovery it's the same thing they did for me they just did it via fusion. the guy i dealt with new his stuff. i wanna say his name was Brian?

also try contacting them around 10AM i see your in Texas, i think your the same time zone as Utah.

Old 06-22-2010, 12:38 PM

Glad to hear you got it up and running.

Old 06-22-2010, 01:46 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 06-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by JimmysotherFORD
let me rephrase this, there is no reason they couldn't let you keep your truck on what ever level it was on while you send in your edge, and then they could pull your stock file off that edge and put it on the new edge and flag it as if it were a remote recovery, then when you get your new edge and plug it in it acts just like a remote recovery it's the same thing they did for me they just did it via fusion. the guy i dealt with new his stuff. i wanna say his name was Brian?

also try contacting them around 10AM i see your in Texas, i think your the same time zone as Utah.
yea that would have made since, i talked to three diffrent guys jason,casey,and jacen and they all told me the same crap. Im debatting on whether or not i want to continue using the edge or just get the new replacement and sell it. Not sure what i am going to do. Thanks guys for all your help, hell some of you should go work at edge yall know more then they do

Old 06-22-2010, 06:20 PM
see if they'll give you a free upgrade

Old 06-23-2010, 10:22 AM
Send it to Bill, its time to go PHP.

Old 06-23-2010, 12:19 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 51 Likes on 48 Posts
I wouldn't expect a FREE upgrade, but I'd sure try to get a CS as a replacement, even if you have to pay something for it. The circuit board in the cable on the older Edge appears to be a bit of a weak spot and is subject to being taken out by voltage fluctuations (both high and low) in your electrical system.

- Jack

Old 06-23-2010, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by JackandJanet
I wouldn't expect a FREE upgrade, but I'd sure try to get a CS as a replacement, even if you have to pay something for it. The circuit board in the cable on the older Edge appears to be a bit of a weak spot and is subject to being taken out by voltage fluctuations (both high and low) in your electrical system.

- Jack
I agree!
See what edge can do.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:11 PM
well edge overnited me a brand new evo, and just installed it on the truck and everything seems to be going good with it. The tech at edge said they would just send me a new evo and cable and to just send the old one back well opened up the package and it was everything brand new in the box, so i sent all my old stuff back edge,pod,cables etc and kept all the new stuff. i checked the cable and the evo and they were both made 4/2010 so hopefully no more problems. Thanks guys for all your help this last week

Old 06-23-2010, 02:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KingRanchCoy
Well just got the truck back from ford and they were able to reprogram it. Now just have to get ahold of edge to see when they will reimburse me for the towing and dealership bill, and to see when they are going to send me a new evo and cable. Its super hard to get ahold of anyone at edge. I left a message friday afternoon and never got a call back and then again this morning and no one has called me back. Hope they are just busy and not trying to ignore me since all this has happened. Oh well its all looking good. One quick question , has there been any problems with the new cable for the 97-03 f150? Cause i really dont want to go threw this again anytime soon.4 1/2 days without my truck was very bad
I went through this exact same cable problem with my Gryphon.

Good luck getting reimbursed for your towing and dealership bill I didn't. If I add up all the costs of the programmer and the problems it caused I am into the unit for well over $1000 bucks. Programmers are not worth the hassel IMO. If I did not have so much time and money invested in the one I have it would have been flogged once I got it back. However, I do like the way my truck drives when it is programmed better than driving it stock.

Old 06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Originally Posted by grizzstang

Good luck getting reimbursed for your towing and dealership bill I didn't. If I add up all the costs of the programmer and the problems it caused I am into the unit for well over $1000 bucks. Programmers are not worth the hassel IMO. If I did not have so much time and money invested in the one I have it would have been flogged once I got it back. However, I do like the way my truck drives when it is programmed better than driving it stock.
Thats sucks, first time i ever really heard a complaint about the gryphon, so far edge has been pretty good to a certain extent. I guarantee you i will get my money back .

Old 06-23-2010, 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by grizzstang

If anything you should take your issue to edge.
That's where PHP bought the cables from.

Quick Reply: Pats Theft system